Double flashing red lights again

DashCam11

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have a hardwired A129 Duo, with front and rear fitted.

I noticed again, that I had the left hand and middle flashing LEDs, so wasn’t recording I presume. What is this error?

I use a 256Gb Samsung SD U3.

I removed the SD and had a look on the files and there was a couple in the middle that wouldn’t play and seemed corrupt.

Put the SD back in and same, I had to remove both cables for a while to the unit, and then got solid lights again.

Is this just how it is? I should power cycle every month or so?

I use constant parking record mode.

I’m all up to date on firmware, and I format my SD every few months.

Based only on what I've been reading it seems this issue is related to the parking mode function. It's being worked on by Viofo but the real problem is in the SDK so until they do an update there might not be a good fix available to Viofo. Should happen eventually.

I might also add that poor processor support has happened to more than a few cam manufacturers through the years, with certain chipmakers being well known for that kind of thing :(

Phil

So it’s a known issue? Many people having the issue?

Suppose when I reformat the SD, as has been recommended to do, then I should power cycle it to see if helps.

It’s just frustrating that I hadn’t noticed it and so wouldn’t be recording.

I suppose I should check, but it’s only as it was dusk and noticed the LEDs were flashing, it’s hard to see them in normal light of day so I trust they are working.

You can read the forums here for details about what others are experiencing, but if this is not exactly an issue others are having it is close, and liklely from the same source. People using parking modes have been experiencing several issues from intermittent functioning to blinking lights to unexpected shutdowns and failures to start or automatically change modes. Those not using parking modes do not seem to be having many problems at all. ATM for best reliability while driving it's recommended by most owners that you don't use parking modes until this is fixed. I don't own this cam, but I do have it at the top of my "wanted" list along with SG's 9663DR model :) so I've been watching closely.

Viofo has a good history of getting issues worked out well- you can be sure that every effort is being made to do this. But if it indeed something which cannot be fixed with the current SDK then all anyone can do is wait for them to resolve it, and for owners like you to report issues to Viofo here on DCT where he will see them and thus know exactly where tio aim his efforts. Also report any work-arounds you find so other owners can benefit until a fix arrives.

Phil

If the middle led was lit, then I assume you had WiFi on? If so, be sure to always leave WiFi off unless your actually using it.

Back