downgrading firmware on a 412gw

DC1066

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a 412gw which i have had for sometime and always do a firmware upgrade whenever it comes out. I am on the latest firmware 12.4 and really don't like it so I still have version 9.5 on my pc.
I am trying to downgrade it to 9.5 but I have tried different ways to do this but it seems that I can't downgrade from 12.4 to 9.5. I have upgraded firmware on my previous dashcams with no problem so I do know what I am doing. It just doesn't seem to want to downgrade no matter which way I do it either plugged in to my pc or a seperate power supply, it just turns the dashcam on and doesn't look at the 9.5 firmware. And yes it has been formatted with just the bin file on it. I wonder if this is because the 12.4 version wont allow you to downgrade?? Has anyone managed to do this yet?
Also replay 3 hangs on my pc and it is the latest version plus I have gone back to a previous version of it and that is just the same so as always I keep previous versions of most software and decided to go back to replay 2 which works very well indeed. I did hear that replay 3 has a few problems and they are trying to sort it out. (talked to nextbase).

You need both bin files for 9.5

If you don't have both then dig out my post with the Dropbox link as I still have the full 9.5 download there.

You do need either the car or a home USb socket. PC USB doesn't work, even USB3 with the higher power.

Hello @DC1066

Firmware version R9.5 consists of 2 x BIN files. Please email me at support@nextbase.co.uk and I can send this to you.

What processor does your computer have?

Does it replay OK on the camera itself?

Hello @DC1066

Firmware version R9.5 consists of 2 x BIN files. Please email me at support@nextbase.co.uk and I can send this to you.

What processor does your computer have?

Does it replay OK on the camera itself?
Hi, Just emailed you . My computer is an i7-2600k @3.4GH. Its one I have built and have been building computers since before the middle eighties. And yes it works perfectly when played via its own camera.

Yes - that should be more than capable. I'll forward it to the software developer.

Downgrading with version 9.5 now works great! No dual HI/LO files. Many thanks Tiffany! what a good service from you! so quick!
Also thanks to Kremmen. I still don't know why I only had 1 bin file in a zipped file instead of 2 bins.
Replay 3 still keeps hanging and so slow to load files then hangs, but at least replay 2 works great.
MANY THANKS ALL!

You're welcome.

I'll try and pop it on all these threads when the new version without dual files comes out.

Back