download ALL the photos at once thru wifi to a PC

ovver

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Hi,
I've just bought a Git2 for a timelapse project I plan to do.
The camera is going to be sitting for months in a hard to reach place, in fact I'll only be able to physically reach it the day I set it up and the one I pick it up.
Meanwhile I've calculated that I need to empty the SD once weekly. For that I need to connect the camera via wifi, download all the photos to the PC, wipe the SD clean and be gone till next week.
I've been able to connect to the camera setting it as AP and using http I can download one picture at a time. That's too time consuming, I would like to be able to either connect via FTP or some other way that I can download all at once.
Any one has had a similar need or has any idea or hint on how it could be achieved?
Thanks

Reactions: Mtz
If you browse camera IP address in browser, it will list all of photos in DICM/PHOTO directory.
Need some tool to download all.

Thanks, thats a great idea, I'll test it, now I need a way to wipe it clean while it keeps on taking photos

Hi, I've been doing some tests.
The wep aproach is good but only for a few files. Since with a 64Gb I can get about 12 to 13K files clicking each link and downloading individually is out of the question, the chrome extensions I've tried to mass download links don't work too good either and even the own web page with the filenames and links takes a whole lot to view.
Could a button be added to the web interface to download all the files at once to a single location? could a second button be added to format the sd?
Thanks

I have no programming experience at all, but it's never late to learn, I guess. I'll test later with that command.
If I understand correctly with that command I'll sweep clean the microSD, that solves half the problem, yet I need a way to download all at once so any help will be more than welcome!

Back