Downloading video files

ChicagoJim

Reaction score
Country
United States
So I have just about resolved the constant recording issue. I had a previous Blackvue cam and I recall it having some type of FTP server ability in it. Does anyone know of a way to automatically download the video files from a 750? I have several servers and can put up a specific access point. I'd like to pull into my garage and either A) have the blackvue be able to upload the video files or B) run an ftp batch file to grab the video files from the camera. The "cloud" option seems like crap and I can host my own files.

Has anyone experimented with that?

One problem I have with my 650S is that it doesn't automatically connect to my WiFi when I arrive home. I've found by experimentation that it may choose to reconnect after some number of hours (like, 12 or more), or it may not. I can toggle the camera's Wifi Off/On to persuade an immediate reconnect as I pull in teh driveway, or I have the latest firmware with the timed restart at 3AM, so it'll reconnect then.

It's not FTP-based, by the way, it's HTTP-based. The aforementioned GitHub source will give you lots of useful info if you're into that sort of thing. I wrote my own variant in .NET because I wanted some additional functionality. It works, but as mentioned the camera's WiFi speeds are pretty horrendous. By having my app run every 30 minutes, combined with the 3AM restart of the camera, I usually have the last day's videos sucked down by the time I'm at my desk in the morning. :)

Brad.

Back