DP230 Loud Rattling

Tony1943

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I thought I had found the ideal dash cam to suit my needs when I brought a Transend DP230. Good night vision, plus two recordings one with GPS and one without. So good that I brought a second one for the rear view. However, after a while one of them developed a fault and the recordings included a continuous loud rattling noise. I sent that camera back and it was replaced. But later both cameras started recording the occasional loud rattling noise. I say occasional because sometimes I get no noise at all, and at other times its constant.

Has anyone else come across this problem, or better still, found a way to overcome it?

That could well be buttons rattling.
It could also be in the mount connection, but in that case you most often also see a jello effect in the video footage.

I just had a WTH moment myself over a new rattling sound in my car when i turned Left at speed, found out it was a little socket wrench set i have in the car, it will be returned to its rightful owner on Saturday.

When you say jello effect, do you mean the image waving up and down, because there have been times when that happens too, most noticeable when the camera was new.

The mount is screwed up tighter than a drum, no movement at all, besides, if it were the mount, why would I have days when there is no rattle at all. My only suspicion regarding the mount was that a change in temperature might be expanding or shrinking the plastic making the mount looser or tighter.

The rattle is even there when the vehicle is stationary with the engine running.

Back