[DR-02D] Short cable between dash cam and rear cam?

triggerhappylombax

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a DR02D but in my convertible there is no place to mount the rear cam on the rear window, it would interfere with folding the roof down. So my cam is mounted on a 3D printed wedge right next to the dashcam, facing rearwards over the passengers. With the cameras right next to each other, having a 6m cable between cam and cam is highly impractical. I tried a Mini-B to Mini-B from CGTime on Amazon, but the camera hangs every time I connect it to the aux camera. With the long cable from Aukey it works. So:

Are both of the cables from CGTime defective (2-pack)?
Or does the cable Aukey uses have special requirements (USB3? Is that even possible with mini USB?)
Or is the Aukey cable entirely proprietary?

I'd love to hear of your success or attempt to use a short cable.

Chris

Kinda odd because in the manual it specifically says USB Mini B AV output on the aux cam and USB Mini B AV input on the dashcam itself. A couple pages later it says "USB mini B 6m/20ft cable. They could have at least warned that a Mini-B to Mini-B cable would not work. Is there any manufacturer that makes a short version of this cable?

Edit: I found some manufacturers of 10 ping mini USB plugs, it should be possible to get the pinout from the long cable and make a short one.

Edit 2: I misread Mini-B AV Out as "Mini-B" AV Out instead of Mini-B AV" Out. Mini B AV appears to be some sort of standard even though it is really hard to find info on it.

Last edited:
A 55cm cable would be fine, I can hide that behind the trim on top of the windshield. Where can I order one?

Thanks!

Private forum message sent with link, @triggerhappylombax check your inbox.
(sellers aren't allowed to post links to anything for sale in the main forum)

Last edited:
Could I get the link as well please? I need to get a replacement cable as the one I have seems to work and then not. Aukey doesn't sell replacement cables unfortunately.

Could I get the link as well please? I need to get a replacement cable as the one I have seems to work and then not. Aukey doesn't sell replacement cables unfortunately.
Just message @Street Guardian USA details of which one you need and he'll be able to give you a link, he's out of office this week and might not see your post here

Back