DR02 D manipulate speed display?

DaveS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Innovv C3's and lately Aukey DR02-D
Put one of these in daughters car, new driver, loves the idea, nice bit of kit.

One of my Innovv C3's had died tonight, quite like the idea of a DR02 D for the bmw, thing is I go a fair bit faster than daughter does, while I know you could just not have the GPS module attached, I'd like to have the GPS positional and time setting, but don't want a recording showing high speeds... just in case.
So can the speed display be limited, say goes to 65mph then blanks?

Ta.

I don't think that's possible. How about not recording GPS info at all and just use the GPS log files when you need it? I don't know if that's possible since I didn't buy the GPS module for my DR02D yet.

Could possibly be done through firmware, but it wouldn't be easy and there may not be enough space available for the additional coding this would require. I doubt that you'l ever see it unless a DIY firmware hacker gives it a shot.

Just disable GPS when you drive, then turn it back on when you're done. Or perhaps slow down? ;)

Phil

Could possibly be done through firmware

can be done in firmware, it's a popular function in the Russian market

even without the speed info there the speed can be determined from the video anyway if someone had reason to want to find out, not speeding is a better option all round

Hmm, thanks for replies, may go for alternate to DR02-D or experiment with a physical switch once date/time set.

Having already put one into a Jetta and pleased with it, the old dashcam died in the 535d so got a front/rear DR02-D from Aukey, couple of hours putting in then finished up and went to lock....

Only way I could lock was by key.
Indications that the fob battery was low.
Fob not present, unable to start car, though then it would.
Spare gave same indications...

Then disconnected DR02-D from ciggy lighter feed, normal service resumed.
I know there are the ferrite whatsists to try which I may do if I can find real ones, this is more a heads up for those considering an Aukey DR02-D dashcam - at the moment I can live with it by powering it down when stopping and up when about to start.

With 100% hindsight, I had to loop around 6ft of the rear cam cord which I have hidden behind the rear right seat bolster, which I guess is maybe 30inch from the top rear fin thingy, but the rear cam is drivers side of the LED rear light repeater, so even closer.
Presuming at this point that the fob to car receiver is part of that rear fin?

Despite all of that, I'll keep it in, though haven't connected the GPS module in yet, I need to figure out a method to inhibit the speed display at certain points, more an avoidance of the taking aim and carefully hitting your own foot than anything else, pondering on a switch, unplugging while in motion isn't viable, too much of a fiddly distraction.

As said, more of a heads up than anything else, the Jetta incidentally is fine with it's remote locking, and am pleased with the DR02 as a dashcam.

Back