DR02 Dash Cam - Firmware update not working

nexus.sixx

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have had my DR02 since May 2021. Whilst asking asking Aukey support for an electronic copy of the manual I thought I would ask if there were any firmware updates
available for this camera. To my surprise they sent me a 7zip file which contained 2 files - a .bin file and a release note text file.
The text file must be in a different language as it does not display correctly in Notepad.
The instructions for updating the camera were to copy the files onto a newly formatted SD card. Put the SD card in the camera and connect some power to it. The camera should
then update automatically.
I have tried this lots of times with one file or both files and there is no sign of anything happening so far, all that happens is the camera boots up and starts recording as normal
I have also tried connecting it to my PC for power after putting the files on the card but again nothing happens it just goes into USB mode.
I have been back in touch with Aukey on numerous occasions to see if the instructions are correct , just in case you need to hold down any buttons at power on
but their last email stated that my unit must be faulty if it is not updating as per their original instructions.

The other thing that is a bit odd is the version in my camera is DR02.72.V1.02.1126

I have attached the release note text file that shows the latest version is 1.13 from 28/03/2020 so why is my camera bought last year 2021 so far behind the current version ?
Also, according to the release notes version 1.04 was released in 2017 so again how come my camera is V1.02.

Has anyone been successful in updating their DR02 ?

cheers

Martyn

Attachments

• releasenote__DR02D.txt
    3.3 KB · Views: 11
I google translated the release notes from what was posted, doesn't seem worth trying to update for the minor fixes for me.

/**************************************************** *************************************

DR02D

/**************************************************** *************************************

date: 20200328

ver: DR02D.V1.13.0328

1. Add the function of saving the shutdown time.
Application: The current time will be saved when the device is turned off, and it will be compared with the RTC time when the device is turned on next time.

If the RTC time >= the time saved after power off, the machine will start according to the RTC time.

If the RTC time < the time saved at shutdown, the machine will start at the time saved at shutdown.

2. The default time is changed to 2020-01-01.

date: 20180420

ver: DR02D.V1.12.0420

1. Reduce motion detection sensitivity.
  2. The menu title is changed to "Setup".

date: 20180308

ver: DR02D.V1.11.0308

1. Modify the problem that the VGA video screen displays abnormally in Playback mode.

date: 20180224

ver: DR02D.V1.10.0224

1. Compatible with GMA302KU G-Sensor.
  2. The default time is changed to 2018-01-01.

date: 20171128

ver: DR02D.V1.09.1128

1. Modify the occasional crash problem when quickly performing "rewind-stop-rewind" when playing a video.

date: 20171016

ver: DR02D.V1.08.1016

1. Modify the problem of the occasional blurred screen when booting up.

date: 20170916

ver: DR02D.V1.07.0916

1. Update IQ, optimize front and rear video effects.

date: 20170911

ver: DR02D.V1.06.0911

1. Modify the display of certain character strings in the program according to the translation provided by the customer.

date: 20170908

ver: DR02D.V1.05.0908

1. The screen cut function of the OK button: picture-in-picture --> front camera --> rear camera --> off screen, cycle switching.
  2. Pressing the emergency recording button without inserting a TF card will not prompt "Please insert a TF card".
  3. After plugging and unplugging the playback list, flashing once will not return to the recording interface, and after plugging and unplugging the thumbnail, flashing will not return to the recording interface.
  4. Refer to DR02, when the screen is off, turn on the screen in case of emergency recording.

date: 20170905

ver: DR02D.V1.04.0905

1. Update the SDK to optimize the problem of writing cards.
  2. Optimize the problem of random blurred screen when booting from two channels.
  3. The translation of each language is consistent with DR02.
  4. Optimize function.

Hi

I have had my DR02 since May 2021. Whilst asking asking Aukey support for an electronic copy of the manual I thought I would ask if there were any firmware updates
available for this camera. To my surprise they sent me a 7zip file which contained 2 files - a .bin file and a release note text file.
The text file must be in a different language as it does not display correctly in Notepad.
The instructions for updating the camera were to copy the files onto a newly formatted SD card. Put the SD card in the camera and connect some power to it. The camera should
then update automatically.
I have tried this lots of times with one file or both files and there is no sign of anything happening so far, all that happens is the camera boots up and starts recording as normal
I have also tried connecting it to my PC for power after putting the files on the card but again nothing happens it just goes into USB mode.
I have been back in touch with Aukey on numerous occasions to see if the instructions are correct , just in case you need to hold down any buttons at power on
but their last email stated that my unit must be faulty if it is not updating as per their original instructions.

The other thing that is a bit odd is the version in my camera is DR02.72.V1.02.1126

I have attached the release note text file that shows the latest version is 1.13 from 28/03/2020 so why is my camera bought last year 2021 so far behind the current version ?
Also, according to the release notes version 1.04 was released in 2017 so again how come my camera is V1.02.

Has anyone been successful in updating their DR02 ?

cheers

Martyn
Hi, can you share the last update? thx

Back