DR300G - Old recordings not being deleted

Ian Miles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

I've noticed something a bit strange with the DR300 in the back of my car, I've been running it a few weeks now and for some reason when the card gets full, it chooses not to record over the older recordings which is something I thought that the camera was capable of doing?

Does anyone know what might be happening in order for this to happen or something I am missing?

Thanks

Ian

Dont know mine always does them How do you know it isnt. At the res it is it records quite a lot of video.

Presumably you have old stuff but not latest. Correct????

Hi Hillbilly,

When I'm driving I can see the camera in the mirror, and after I pulled away this morning I could see the gps light was on, but not the recording light.

So when I got to work I checked the recordings and surely enough the last recording was from when I pulled away at the beginning of the journey. Also when I check the SD card there was only a few MB left in available space.

Perhaps it's a corrupt SD card I could be looking at? Or needs formatting?

Ian

Assuming your settings are all correct a card problem is the more likely scenario, try a full format in your computer and check for errors

Hi Hillbilly,

When I'm driving I can see the camera in the mirror, and after I pulled away this morning I could see the gps light was on, but not the recording light.

So when I got to work I checked the recordings and surely enough the last recording was from when I pulled away at the beginning of the journey. Also when I check the SD card there was only a few MB left in available space.

Perhaps it's a corrupt SD card I could be looking at? Or needs formatting?

Ian

Mine doesnt have GPS and as said above a format should help and be done once a month.

Thanks for the tips, I'll get cracking ok that tomorrow and see what happens.

Thanks for the advice guys

Ok, so I have now formatted the card, however I have one last question! While I formatted it I noticed a number 4 in a circle on it, I am guessing that this means it is a class 4 card? Should it be a class 10 card that I install in the camera?

Oh ok, I'm going to keep an eye out for one then, class 10 are cards I have always had recently so I will try one of them when I get one and see what happens to it then. On the plus side, I have used a class 10 in the DR500 in the front of the car and that has not been exhibiting any problems of any kind, just been ticking away nicely!

All mine have class 10's in them and I have little trouble. Just make sure you buy genuine ones Not fakes off Ebay or Amazon

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all the comments, I have found the resolution and it was indeed a corrupt SD card.

The symptoms were a little strange though. The first thing I noticed was that the normal recording light (orange I think) was blinking slower than normal, then eventually it would put itself into parking mode! Even when I definitely was NOT stationary! The other symptom I noticed was when trying to play one of the recordings on the card, it would stutter and pause in places in the recording.

So I started hitting the panic button a little bit thinking that it may well be a camera fault, then I decided to try another SD card, same class but larger capacity, and surely enough this indeed corrected the problem. So if you guys notice any of the above symptoms then you will more than likely have a naffed up SD card!

Thanks again for your help, I'm off to buy another SD card now!!

Ian

Before you use the new one use the H2 testw program to check all your cards.

Only way to truly know.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
I DR300 16
E DR300 2
Back