DR32: A Caution on Locking Files

super max

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
BlackVue DR750X-2CH Plus on Blendmount
I'm very pleased with my DR32 overall. The other day I was driving and had a near accident when another driver ran a Stop sign and I nearly hit her. No harm done, but I pressed the red "Lock File" button a few seconds later so I could review that video on my iMac.

I downloaded the card today and imagine my surprise when the locked file did not include my near accident. When I analyzed the files it became clear that my near accident occurred in the last 2 seconds of that file (I'm using 5 minute cycle time). So when I pressed the Lock File button I was already into a new file and did not save the file I intended to.

Bottom line, If you intend to save an incident by locking the file, you should also verify as soon as possible that the right file is saved. Fortunately my SD card is large enough that I did not overwrite the file of interest.

I would suggest to Hetai that a firmware enhancement be made such that a "Lock File" button within 30s(?) of the file end should save BOTH the current and the previous file.

super max said:
I would suggest to Hetai that a firmware enhancement be made such that a "Lock File" button within 30s(?) of the file end should save BOTH the current and the previous file.

easier just to do current and previous always rather than having a condition of when that should happen, that's how we do it on ours and it's much easier to do

jokiin said:
super max said:

easier just to do current and previous always rather than having a condition of when that should happen, that's how we do it on ours and it's much easier to do
I agree, that's a better way to do it. What brands of cameras are you offering and where can I see them?

Back