DR32 keeps asking for time and date on startup.

Jackster

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So I have the DR32
DR32.jpg

Worked great for a few months but then started asking for the time and date when power was applied to it.

I thought it was the battery so I replaced it with a much bigger one.

Worked fine for about a week before it started asking for the time and date again.

I saw that a few others had this problem but this was only in the comments of blogs so no fixes.

Anyone know how to fix?

So I have the DR32

Worked great for a few months but then started asking for the time and date when power was applied to it.

I thought it was the battery so I replaced it with a much bigger one.

Worked fine for about a week before it started asking for the time and date again.

I saw that a few others had this problem but this was only in the comments of blogs so no fixes.

Anyone know how to fix?
The battery deteriorated to the level: it could not keep internal clock running between changing cycles (when you use the car). Looks like you need to get a new internal battery to overcome this issue.

I don't think so.

The DR32 does not have a internal battery.

I would try doing a reset by gently inserting a pin or paperclip into the reset hole.

It does have a battery in it. I said I replaced it in the OP.

Ill try the reset button on the site.

I just plugged it in and left it for a few hours.

It no longer charges the battery by the looks of it.

Dies as soon as you take power away from it.

The battery is most likely is fine. Every Li-Ion battery have a small chip attached to cut off power when it is too low to save the battery. This is what often gets busted. Try another battery, perhaps.

Back