DR400 II excessive light + not shutting down properly

Imagine you had car accident and as a result your camera lost power(no battery inside) and last important file corrupted. Not your fault, no witnesses… I believe it is chipper to pay $3 per year for new battery!

"The blackvue application actually fixes the last recording" --- not always!

That's a good point I guess, provided the camera itself isn't smashed.

I took battery from my RC Helicopter. Latter I found it on ebay for $3 only!
Look here: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/2X-3-7V-150m..._Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c797b62ce&_uhb=1

Run a some kind of wedge through the crease between the two pieces of plastic to open it

These batteries are back in stock! I guess I'l just buy these 2, and use 1 as a spare. I guess I'l have to try and solder it once I get it, last time I soldered something was 5 years ago.

Quick note: I don't have a multimeter so I can't check, but I noticed that when no SD card is inserted, I get a proper shutdown of the camera (I get the "Blackvue is now shutting down" message). Would the battery still be the culprit in that case?

Sounds more like a SD card or firmware issue Where did you get the firmware from as there wasn't any updates published for that model Only a hacked up English version too.

Most hacked the earlier version to get English on it.

My firmware is not hacked. I have the standard one as per my OP. I was wrong, even with no SD card the camera does not shutdown properly. Only if I start it up and take the power out within 10-20 seconds I will get a proper shutdown. If it keeps going longer I won't.

I will just order those 2 batteries from ebay Merkury posted about. They are back in stock and only 2.65. With this type of battery, can I just cut the insulation, solder it and use electrical tape?

My firmware is not hacked. I have the standard one as per my OP. I was wrong, even with no SD card the camera does not shutdown properly. Only if I start it up and take the power out within 10-20 seconds I will get a proper shutdown. If it keeps going longer I won't.

I will just order those 2 batteries from ebay Merkury posted about. They are back in stock and only 2.65. With this type of battery, can I just cut the insulation, solder it and use electrical tape?

Yes, you can. It is not even necessarily solder it.

Solder it, only a fool wraps wires with current going through them A poor connection creates heat which is the last thing you want in one of these cameras.

Yes I know its only a small current but the same applies.

Last edited:
Back