DR400G-HD II 1.014K Firmware with GPS Problem

jokerwg

Reaction score
I have accidentally upgraded my DR400G-HD II to 1.014 Korean Firmware. After the upgrade, the GPS is not working. I have checked the log file. It indicated that the GPS has started, but coordinate out of range. The led for GPS is blinking rapidly.

Next, I tried to flash back to 1.010K and 1.010E, but my DR400G-HD II keeps telling me "different version" in Korean. I have tried changing [firmware] in version.bin to 1.010, but the camera refuse to flash. Can anyone please advise how I can restore the functionality of the GPS or flash back to 1.010?

in the file version.bin replace Korea on English
GPS will work, but will not talk

Mio said:

Thank you very much for your advise! I will try it out.

write if it works
I then do the firmware to talk

Mio said:

Thank, The GPS works now but no speak anymore. Anyway to fix this.
After upgrade to FW 1.014K, I cannot up/downgrade to anyversion. :evil:

Mio said:
write if it works
I then do the firmware to talk

Thank you very much, Mio! The GPS works now. As mention by the other bro, there is no more voice from the camera. Is there any solution?

if I understood correctly in minaaom GPS not working?

Thank you Mio. Mine is come back. :mrgreen:

please note that the increased bitrate
If you do not want to use, simply remove avserver.sh

Mio said:
please note that the increased bitrate
If you do not want to use, simply remove avserver.sh

Hi Mio, thank you very much!

You are my life saver.

yes, me too facing this issue. Changed to english, GPS working, but no more voice. Anyway to resolve this problem?

THere is a fix for this It involves using original 400 firmware and changing the Config file from Korean to English SHould be here somewhere Found it see below

There is a fix to solve the issue of 1.014K to English. Follow the instruction below.

1. Download the file from here: http://qcloud.o2.sg/downloads/BlackVue_1.014_ENG.zip
2. Remove the SD Card from Camera
3. Remove all files in the SD Card
4. Unpack the zip file downloaded in (STEP 1)
5. Copy the unpacked content into the SD Card. (Your SD Card should now contain 1 folder (BlackVue) and 1 file (avserver.sh).)
6. Slot the SD Card back into the camera and turn on the camera. After awhile, it will says, "BlackVue is upgrading, do not turn off power".
7. After upgrading, it will says "BlackVue is restarting".
8. Remove the SD Card from Camera and slot into your PC and remove the folder and files.
9. Put the black SD Card back to Camera.
10. Your are done :)

All credit to Mio. I am just writing the guide and mirror the files.

Regards,
Kelvin

Last edited by a moderator:
I have tried this a few times, exactly these steps, and I get in a loop of Korean with a flashing Blue light.

If I format the SD card, I can get it back functioning, but still Korean language.

Is there a way to see what FW I am currently on? I remember doing something with the FW when I first got the HD II months ago.

Ok I found the text file:

app_version 1.040
app_model 400 (shouldn't that be 400II ?)
cli_version 1.038

I must have flashed this HD II as if it was an HD back when I first got it, for some reason that must have made sense back then. It is clearly labeled as a 400G-HD II .

djs2 said:
Ok I found the text file:

app_version 1.040
app_model 400 (shouldn't that be 400II ?)
cli_version 1.038

I must have flashed this HD II as if it was an HD back when I first got it, for some reason that must have made sense back then. It is clearly labeled as a 400G-HD II .

READ THE LINK I POSTED ABOVE IT WORKS

djs2
you have another problem
firmware of the first season is the dvr of the second season
You must first upgrade to version for a second season

The link works for you, but it wont work with my current setup. I'll setup a new thread for my issue so I don't confuse this one anymore. Thanks.

Back