DR400g-HD II not working with Blue light blinking and constant

Ricospot

Reaction score
Country
France
Hello,
I have a problem and maybe you could help me to fix it.
I bought the Dr400-HD season II.
It came with a blank 16 GB SD card.
I've putted the SD card into the camera but it was not recording. So I formated the SD card.
Then I downloaded the "DR400G-HDv1.040E" firmware but it was still not recroding. Then I have formated again totally the SD and downloaded the firmware "DR400G-HD-II_v1.010K(2012_0720)."
And since.... the camera stopped even to talk Korean, even without any card on it . The blue led is sometimes flashing, sometimes staying fix and nothing is recording on the camera, no Korean voice.
Could you help with any procedure ?
Many thanks.

I did this already and nothing changes. Even I tried a new SD card this morning.
I wonder if the unit has suddenly a technical problem...? But in fact once connected the unit starts to show all the colors and at the end stops on the blue colors
Even without SD card, usually (I have two DR400g- HD II and the 1st one is ok) the unit speaks Korean. But now no voice with or without SD card. Looks like it does not recognized any card but if I put a blank card on it then I can see the Blackvue folder.... Pittasoft does not want to answer because I did not buy the unit from their official distributor.

I did this already and nothing changes. Even I tried a new SD card this morning.
I wonder if the unit has suddenly a technical problem...? But in fact once connected the unit starts to show all the colors and at the end stops on the blue colors
Even without SD card, usually (I have two DR400g- HD II and the 1st one is ok) the unit speaks Korean. But now no voice with or without SD card. Looks like it does not recognized any card but if I put a blank card on it then I can see the Blackvue folder.... Pittasoft does not want to answer because I did not buy the unit from their official distributor.

I believe it's not a technical problem just software. Do you know what version of firmware it had before you start playing with it? Try to insert SD card from another camera, start it and it freeze check last log file here ...\BlackVue\System
Also you can try to install this Russian-English speaking firmware http://topdownloads.ru/programs/file/DR400G-HD-II_v1-010-155(2012_1110)_RU/7918675.htm

Last edited:
1. It didn't work because of blank SD card.
2. You try to install firmware from season 1 to season 2 camera.
3.Read this http://dashcamtalk.com/blackvue-dr400g-hd/#Purple_Light_of_Death
download latest firmware and follow instructions

Incorrect
When the camera is new it is supplied with a blank card which, when you put it into the camera for the first time has the software loaded onto it by the camera. Then you should take it out and put it in a PC and adjust the settings for Time Zone etc.

Then put it back in the camera and go for a drive to let it orient itself for location.

It should then record in the correct fashion.

YOU DO NOT NEED TO LOAD ANYTHING ONTO IT OR FORMAT IT BEFORE FIRST USE in a NEW CAMERA.

Are you sure? 1.5 year ago I bought 3 brand new cameras and one didn't work because of blank SD card! Another two had full set of software on it. When I use SD card from another camera it works fine! So, I just copied all folders from one SD to another and problem solved.

Correct set of software on SD card -->> BLackVue folder inside 6 sub folders ->> Application, Config, Doc, Record, Software, System. Total 45-48Mb. I don't believe such big size of soft can be installed by camera.

Are you sure? 1.5 year ago I bought 3 brand new cameras and one didn't work because of blank SD card! Another two had full set of software on it. When I use SD card from another camera it works fine! So, I just copied all folders from one SD to another and problem solved.

Correct set of software on SD card -->> BLackVue folder inside 6 sub folders ->> Application, Config, Doc, Record, Software, System. Total 45-48Mb. I don't believe such big size of soft can be installed by camera.

I have spare SD card 16Gb. I formatted it first and inserted in my camera. Not working! Blue light blinking and nothing else :( Computer shows empty BleckVue folder... Second SD card 32Gb works fine. Camera created all folders and soft on it. Second chance the same :( 16Gb freezes and 32Gb works.

Ok. I copied all folders from 32Gb to 16Gb card and it starts working normally! Formatted 16GB card again. Same result!

Any ideas? It seems 16Gb card is defective but it works with my cell and desktop

16Gb spare card is Pittasoft OEM card I use 32Gb cards only.

You missed the whole point I was making.

I said with a BRAND NEW CAMERA the first time you turn it on it has a BLANK card in it and transfers the files onto the card.

After that you have to download and install the firmware on the card to update the camera.

Did you use SD Formatter to format the cards.

I don't want to update my camera! Its already updated to DR400G-HD-II_v1-010-155

I just tested if it creates all soft on a blank SD card because 1.5 year ago I bought 3 brand new cameras and one didn't work because of blank SD card! Another two had full set of software on it( probably they tested 2 of my 3 cameras before send it to me). When I use SD card from another camera it works fine! So, I just copied all folders from one SD to another and problem solved.

Now 16 Gb has exactly same issue! When I copied all files from 32Gb card to "defective" 16Gb card it starts working!

So, my 1.5 year old camera creates all folders and files on my blank 32Gb card and works. 16Gb card has problems and it can work only if I copy all files and folder on it.

Nothing works ... :-(
I tried different SD cards... no changes
I disconnecting the battery for several minutes ...no changes
I tried with different firmware (English, Korean, Russian...)... the only change is that depending of the firmware the blue light either stays constant either is blinking... which means that there is some interraction between the camera and the SD cards.
I have a camera "1" (same model that works great...that is why I bought a second one ...hmmm ) and when I take the SD car and insert it in that new camera "2", same situation: no voice and a fix blue light !
The camera is not stoping on purple color but Blue color...
The reset action by pushing the "led" button changes nothing also
When I put a blank SD card in it and then I read it on PC, it shows me this config file:
version = 1.010
model = 400GII
language = Korea
[software]
version = 2.010
model = 400
language = Korea
[config]
version = 1.000
model = 400GII
When I put it back into the camera nothing works...
Maybe there is a different way to reset totally the camera ?

Not config file! log file. Take SD card from camera 1(works) and put it into camera 2. When it freeze take SD card and look LOG file in System folder.

did you try turn on camera without SD card?

Correction: when I put a blank SD card in it and then I read it on PC, it shows me this config file:

[firmware]
version = 1.010
model = 400GII
language = Korea
[software]
version = 2.010
model = 400GII
language = Korea
[config]
version = 1.010
model = 400GII

Correction: when I put a blank SD card in it and then I read it on PC, it shows me this config file:

[firmware]
version = 1.010
model = 400GII
language = Korea
[software]
version = 2.010
model = 400GII
language = Korea
[config]
version = 1.010
model = 400GII

Ok. Then look LOG file in System folder. Can you copy it show it here?

When you update firmware it should take 3-5 min. Did it say any thing?

Your camera has 2 batteries inside. Li-ion(big one) and small(watch size) for Master reset you have to disconnect first and discharge another one. lets it stay for 30 min(no power at all) and reconnect batteries back and connect to 12v. Insert SD card with new firmware installation. It should re-install all soft on your camera. I believe that it has corrupted firmware.

Merkury thanks for helping :)
What do you call log file ?
The camera without SD card react the same way, no voice (it should speak korean) and after a minut stops on the blue color.

Back