DR400G HD II Won't Boot

Discussion in 'DR400G-HD' started by jimmy818, Dec 19, 2014.

1. jimmy818

jimmy818 New Member

Canada
    Recently upgraded (or tried) to upgrade my north american DR400G HD II to firmware v1.014 english (the one currently on the blackvue website), based on digging through the logs i think i'm upgrading from v1.010

i believe the upgrade was successful, there was a voice prompt that said upgrading, then another prompt that said unit was restarting, then it seems to be stuck in an infinite restart loop but never successfully boots up

here's a few things from the logs that might be telltale signs of what's wrong
    this repeats almost indefinitely , in the nandlog folder

i tried to put in a blank SD card for the unit to initialize it on its own
    it did detect and initialize the card but then gets stuck again in a restart loop
    where it will flash the different colors, then go to solid blue
    doesn't do anything for a bit and then restarts again

this is what it says in my version.bin
    not sure if it even matters but heres the config.ini

Last edited: Dec 19, 2014
  2. irememberu

irememberu New Member

Canada
    Sorry for bumping an old post, but you (or anyone else) come to a solution for this problem? I've started experiencing this same issue just recently. Tried re-flashing the (latest) firmware and formatting the SD card, but I just get a blue LED light and nothing happens, no recording. When I insert a formatted SD card, the voice will prompt it's formatting the 'new' card and reboot. But again, it'll just have the blue LED and no recording. After a few minutes, it'll reboot itself (flashing green/red), then constant blue with no recording.