DR400G HD v2 / DR500GW HD v2

Cardigan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have read through the helpful if somewhat depressing comparison report (see link here)
http://dashcamtalk.com/dash-cam-comparison/

It is helpful because it gives me information / opinion on a wide range of models, it is depressing because most of the information is, well disappointing because most of the reports are poor or unreliable and the ones that get good reports aren't available in the UK!

Bye the by . . .surely the BlackVue 500 is ostensibly the same kits as the 400 with added WiFi? If so, how come the 500 gets a good report and the 400 gets a bad report?

No major initial problems reported. If Pittasoft releases a firmware with a higher bit rate, this would be a very good camera

Initial reliability reports are poor. Early reports indicate that the overheating problem still exists. Night quality appears to be worse and some cameras are out of focus. Avoid due to poor initial reliability reports.

Last edited by a moderator:
Note that the DR400G was / is plagued with problems, many heat related. Read this Russian Google Doc if you want evidence.

The DR500GW is much larger, has many ventilation holes and perhaps other cooling features. We are not hearing the same degree of heat related problems on this cam. However many people complain of the video quality due to pixelation. Just watch the videos and you will see the problem.

DashCamMan said:
Note that the DR400G was / is plagued with problems, many heat related. .

met with someone from Pittasoft two weeks ago and was being shown their different models, the guy introduces the 400 and tells me it has problems with overheating, so I ask is it a deleted model now, no, has it been revised then, no, so it still has an overheating problem, yes

I really couldn't fathom where they are coming from, unbelievable

Back