DR400GHD not starting up, how to fix?

wozzzzza

Reaction score
Country
Australia
mate of mine has a DR400GW-HD that is not working, wont boot up, he told me a couple of weeks ago the time wont keep correct, sounds like gps battery failed, but now it just wont startup he reckons and does nothing. it has power going to it, he has checked that.
any other ideas or is it fried?

Dose it show any lights at all when its powered on?

no lights, nothing, dead. worked yesterday when it was cold then dead when it was hot, but nothing today even when cold.

To begin with, you need to check the power comes on dvr or not

he says there is definitely power at the end of the power connector into the cam

Mine still came on when Lipo battery died. Just wouldnt retain the settings Did he meter out the power cord or just presume it was working.

he would have put multimeter in end of it, hes not dumb.

he would have put multimeter in end of it, hes not dumb.
I didnt say he was, just asked the obvious question because a greater % of the population wouldnt have a meter lying around.
Was the car turned on as I have found with a drop in voltage the camera wont turn on even if the meter shows its ok.

Got caught trying to test a camera in the house with a 12v power supply but only 500mha and it wouldnt run.

Used a 1 amp one and it did. Lesson learned.

tested in car as he has it hard wired to accessories

With motor running?. Mine wouldnt turn on when I came back from holiday because battery was really low.

However if car will start should be OK. Maybe pressing reset may help. Stranger things have happened

First one I have heard off that actually died.

do they have a reset button? where is it located??

do they have a reset button? where is it located??

Seems only the 500 has the reset Haven't looked at the 400 for months but just pulled the manual out and no reset button Sorry.

Just had the same thing happen to my DR400G II and it turned out to be the fuse in the cigarette adapter plug.

Back