DR450HDII - how to view output

acemundo

Reaction score
Hi all,

i wanted to install my car cam. however, as this set does not come with a monitor, i tried to plug it to my laptop but the cables don't fit. so i bought one connector cable that has one end yellow rca (to connect to the yellow rca of Blackvue) and the other end of the connector with the 15-pin head that usually outputs to computers and laptops. but somehow my laptop still does not sense there is a video output coming in.

i tried plugging the blackvue cables to my mobile dvd player but it doesn't fit.

how do i do the output connection and what cables/connectors must i buy?

Please give a link for this model DR450HDII

Your viewing device must have RCA Video in. I don't think you can use that connector, because RCA to VGA is much more than a connector or some wires. Forgot about this.

enjoy,
Mtz

Mtz said:
Your viewing device must have RCA Video in. I don't think you can use that connector, because RCA to VGA is much more than a connector or some wires. Forgot about this.

enjoy,
Mtz

ok is there anyway to buy a convertor to connect to my laptop?

otherwise must buy a dvd player that has rca cable input right?

acemundo said:
Mtz said:

enjoy,
Mtz

am I missing something with what you're wanting to do but wouldn't be cheaper and easier just to take the memory card out and put it in a card reader to view on your laptop?

Even buying a spare memory card so you can swap them over while reviewing your footage would still be cheaper

Not really a DVD player (also because don't have video input), but a device with display and Video in or AV in. I don't know if DR450HDII have playback feature so consider your new device will only show live stream, not a previously recorded video. I have this AV25 which seems to be no more available, but reading there you can understand what to search. For example on ebay you can find some TFT LCD screens starting from $15.
My AV25 is costs a little more also because have camera, recording function, internal memory. But is something like a toy, not very professional. Even with this I am happy with it because fit my needs.

Regarding your laptop, usually the laptops have video out (as VGA connector), not video input. Look here for a connection between an analog signal (S-Video) to a Laptop which have Video In (the same S-Video connector). You can easy convert an analog video signal like RCA to S-Video with only cables, but for analog to digital you need a special converter, not just cables.

enjoy,
Mtz

jokiin said:
acemundo said:
Mtz said:

enjoy,
Mtz

am I missing something with what you're wanting to do but wouldn't be cheaper and easier just to take the memory card out and put it in a card reader to view on your laptop?

Even buying a spare memory card so you can swap them over while reviewing your footage would still be cheaper

oh i wanted to view it live so as to position the angle of the camera correctly so that it can capture most optimal video view. it doesn't help that the dvr sticks onto windscreen via a double sided tape. so imagine if i play the microsd card and see that the angle of the camera needs adjustment, then i have to pull the double sided tape out and not even sure if it will stick back well again.

also because it has no display, i cannot see if the date and time needed for the time stamp are set correctly.

all these are critical if the videos are needed to prove accident or vandalism.

Just type something like 'TFT DVR Monitor' in ebay, can pick them up cheap.

A DVR will also record and because of that will cost more. And the record quality is poor for such devices with analog input.
In my previous post I offered a ebay link for just monitors.

enjoy,
Mtz

Yes, but typing DVR will help narrow down searches. Can get them for ~$25 or less.

oh i wanted to view it live so as to position the angle of the camera correctly so that it can capture most optimal video view. it doesn't help that the dvr sticks onto windscreen via a double sided tape. so imagine if i play the microsd card and see that the angle of the camera needs adjustment, then i have to pull the double sided tape out and not even sure if it will stick back well again.

also because it has no display, i cannot see if the date and time needed for the time stamp are set correctly.

all these are critical if the videos are needed to prove accident or vandalism.[/quote]

If you read the instructions or even go on the Blackvue site you would have seen there is a little button on the mount which when u push it in you can pull the camera out of the mount.
You dont pull the mount off the window.

JEEEEEES!!!!!!!!!

Take the SD card out and look at it in your computer and then work out how to swivel lens up or down to get correct best position.
For initially putting it on the window hold it where it should go and get someone to stand in front of car and hold it on the screen without pulling tape off sticky.

Mark one end and bottom with whiteboard pen and then apply it.

Its not rocket science really

The date and time are set by the GPS when it starts up You have to set the time zone in Settings.

Have you actually read the manual doesnt seem so.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F DR400G-HD 0
Back