DR500 and WiFi connection to PC?

Dont hit me at all ;) , but I guess there is some confusion in wording.
I have read the routers manual, it is a common WLAN Router, but with the option to act either as router or as a bridge - I think a lot of the available boxes can do that..
If used as usual the broadband (WAN) is connected by wire (patch cable) and access to the home LAN is possible either by cable (RJ45 jack) oder wireless.
But for access to the Blackvue you need to connect the LAN to the WAN port and configure the routers WLAN to gain access to the cam.
So the routers WAN port is inside your home LAN (by cable) and the routers WLAN port is acting as a wireless WAN gateway.

As far as I can see every WLAN router which matches the functions can be used.
And also as far as I can see you need not - actually you must not - use the bridge option.

Regards

FSC830 said:
I have read the routers manual, it is a common WLAN Router, but with the option to act either as router or as a bridge - I think a lot of the available boxes can do that..
If used as usual the broadband (WAN) is connected by wire (patch cable) and access to the home LAN is possible either by cable (RJ45 jack) oder wireless.
But for access to the Blackvue you need to connect the LAN to the WAN port and configure the routers WLAN to gain access to the cam.
So the routers WAN port is inside your home LAN (by cable) and the routers WLAN port is acting as a wireless WAN gateway.

And also as far as I can see you need not - actually you must not - use the bridge option.

Regards

the two spare routers i have are a linksys wrt54g and a d-link dir-655. from what you're saying, it should be possible to use these. i tried it with them the other day, but i must be doing something wrong because it won't connect. i'll give it another try.

thanks.

Yeah, could be a little tricky :D .

Usually you setup a router with the LAN ports into your home LAN and the WAN port to your provider. For this case you need to do that vice-versa.
You need to configure the WAN port with a static IP which matches the IP range of your home LAN and the WLAN port needs to be configured with an IP that allows connection to the Blackvue.
I am sure If you follow RJBs advise all goes well.

Regards

FSC830 said:

Regards

There are a lot of routers with this possibility and the Conceptronic was an old spare AP with router/bridges functionality for me.

You must use the ap/router in router mode, not in bridge mode. Or your ip segment in the lan is also 192.168.8.x, than you can maybe use a bridge (I have not tested). I use the 10.0.0.x segment and so I must use the router functionality.

Don’t connect the lan on the wan port. That is not working because your ap/router is always on the wireless lan site an AP (master). So the BlackVue never connect with an AP (master), always with a slave. Also the BlackVue give you always an IP address.

I can give some screenshots if needed.

Regards

Back