DR500, GPS signal, speed, date and time went mad !!

Dscheng

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Dash Cam
Blackvue DR500 with Custom firmware / Stamp
Hi all,

Anyone encounter the same issue that i am facing? You can see the youtube video sample, i am using custom firmware 1.11ae. My GPS signal, speed, date and time went mad. My date was 1970 jan 1, haha.

My GPS blue LED light actually had been lighting up all the way even i am in the enclosed space like tunnel or underground carpark.

I did reinstall the custom firmware, and it is back to normal. But after a while, the GPS signal was stuck there and the recording time back to 1970 jan 1. Anyone has any solution? Recently, my sandisk 64gb was corrupted, ever since it happen, my GPS went mad.

Did you try formatting your SD card?

I change to new microSD card. Still the same.

Have you tried asking whoever sold you the camera or Pittasoft itself?

It not memory card issue. Try 32gb still the same. Anyway I roll back to stock FW 1.009 and everything back to normal. Guess I will be sticking back to original FW until the next custom Fw release.

It not memory card issue. Try 32gb still the same. Anyway I roll back to stock FW 1.009 and everything back to normal. Guess I will be sticking back to original FW until the next custom Fw release.

How do you like the new 1.009 firmware overall?

It does the job which is all you can expect for what the camera is designed for.
Its an improvement on earlier versions but does not significantly improve picture quality

It does the job which is all you can expect for what the camera is designed for.
Its an improvement on earlier versions but does not significantly improve picture quality

I JUST received my 500GW today and read ALL the pages in the custom firmware thread. Was debating whether or not to just upgrade to stock 1.009 or go to the new 1.1.1aES. Sounds like a number of bugs still need to be worked on via custom firmware. I think I'd prefer stability and average quality rather than amazing quality and spotty firmware issues. After all, we're not making a movie here, right? As long as it serves its purpose at the end of the day.

Thanks for the feedback, Hillbilly. Can't even remember how many posts I've read of yours on that custom firmware thread, but you knew what you were talking about. Haha.

Ha ha I left it alone because too many were trying to make in into a HD movie camera LOL as I said if it doesn't need viewing I don't bother.

The 1,009 is good enough for me.

How do you like the new 1.009 firmware overall?
Yes I like it. Other that the stupid unstable date and time seldom will off. Just reboot the cam, it works.
Plus the original FW 1.009E has the auto GPS off during parking mode. You can see my sample video.

I JUST received my 500GW today and read ALL the pages in the custom firmware thread. Was debating whether or not to just upgrade to stock 1.009 or go to the new 1.1.1aES. Sounds like a number of bugs still need to be worked on via custom firmware. I think I'd prefer stability and average quality rather than amazing quality and spotty firmware issues. After all, we're not making a movie here, right? As long as it serves its purpose at the end of the day.

Thanks for the feedback, Hillbilly. Can't even remember how many posts I've read of yours on that custom firmware thread, but you knew what you were talking about. Haha.
After using custom FW for month, i strong agree with you. No matter, 12m, 15m or even 20m bitrate, end of the day, it is still a dashcam. We dont need so high quality video. Now back to original, everything seem to be good !

Back