DR500-GW firmware modifications

blazko

Reaction score
Country
Slovenia
Dash Cam
Blackvue DR500GW-HD
Two questions from my side:

- Is it possible to change the text "DR500GW" in bottom right corner to something else. I have connected via telnet to it, and was looking for file which has this text, but I didn't find it. Has anyone else changed this? Is it possible to display also X and Y coordinates?

- Is it possible to use it as WIFI client, not as Access Point. I would like to connect my camera into my home network to have access from all my home PCs

I would think that would be written in the firmware, you'd need to mod it there, very self important of them though to embed their name in your video and not give you the option to change it, strange company

I see dashcam names in more videos. This is not nice from the dashcam producer but is their right. If I don't want it, I will not buy their camera.
For example I bought the Flexmedia dashcam without their name on the video. In a firmware update they added their big name on the video. This is not correct for me because if that name was on the video before I bought the cam maybe I wouldn't bought it. Maybe I don't want a camera with its name on the video so I will buy a camera which fit my needs. Adding that stupid letters later without an option to take them out or not I feel like stealing my rights.
But if Pittasoft have their name on the video before purchasing the camera we can't blame them.

enjoy,
Mtz

Back