B20RRL

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Multiple :)
Hey guys!!

Some of you may know that I run a Blackvue Page over on Facebook. It's a pretty cool little community (Suggest you check it out when you can!)

You can check it out by clicking this link (Would be great if you LIKED it too) - http://www.facebook.com/BlackvueUK

The other week one of the members on there worked out how to connect to the Wifi via your iPhone but also still keep an active 3G connection. Pretty useful if you want to be connected to your camera as well as getting notifications for other Apps, emails, iMessage etc etc.

So all you need to do is go to your Wifi and select the little blue arrow next to the DR500 Wifi Name and enter the below settings... DONE!

I have found this pretty useful so far.

IMG_7708_zps3f99b9fc.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent thank you :)

Tried it today and it worked a treat thanks, not that I doubted you :)

Glad you're enjoying the little trick :)

Excellent tip, I'm close to pulling the trigger on ordering one of these and will definitely use it.

Question: Can we access & download/playback recorded content via WiFi & iPhone app while the Camera is actively recording at the same time? (what about streaming live video?)

I'd like to mirror my iPhone 5 to my Clarion NX603. (first car stereo to support HDMI iPhone 5 mirroring) I know I can playback files I've already transferred over via iFile (jailbreak app) It might be fun to stream live video as things are recording at the same time. Are either of these scenarios possible? (transferring files or streaming live video while DVR is actively recording)

EDIT: I just found the manual and it says:
"If the Live View or VOD playback & copy function is used while it is connected via Wi-Fi and recording Full HD (1920x1080) @30fps, the recording frame is reduced to 20 fps."

I guess I'll play with it when I actually have one.

Yes you can download at the same time as recording.......the download is extremely slow sadly.

Back