DR500GW -- auto shutdown

Wax

Reaction score
Country
Germany
I received my DR500 today and installed it in my car. I just want to use it when driving and I'd like to have it auto switch off when I shut the engine off. Looks like my Ford does not switch off the 12V outlet on the center console. My questions:

1. Auto Parking is switched OFF in the DR500 settings -- when my car is parked, should the DR500 auto shutdown even when the 12V power outlet does not shut down? In my case the blue GPS and the orange REC LEDs remain operating.

2. Auto Parking switched ON in the settings -- when car is parked the REC LED after c. 10min goes from orange to green (blue GPS goes off) and this indicates the parking mode. When I start the engine and drive, the green LED remains and it does not go back to normal recording (orange) with blue GPS on.

What is it that I am missing here or is it my car with the 12V socket not shutting off ?

Appreciate your comments. Thx. Dirk

The Blackvue will shutdown when it detects no more power, and start up again when it detects that power is now available. If your source never looses power, the Blackvue will stay on.

Parking mode is a mode where the Blackvue will record video when it detects (1) your vehicle has not moved in 10 or more minutes and (2) the Blackvue detects movement in the scene it is recording. Which, at default settings, is almost always. Parking mode has nothing to do with shutting the Blackvue down.

Download the manual and have a read Well worthwhile.

Buy a Power magic or wire a ciggy socket into a spare fuse that shuts off with the ignition if you don't want parking mode.

As said above if it has continuous power it will NEVER shut down till it eventually runs the battery flat

Thanks for the answers. I actually read the manual, however somehow didn't get it.

Anyway, in parking mode I would expect the cam to go back to normal rec with GPS when I move the vehicle, somehow it didn't do it. I had to restart the cam.

Thanks for the answers. I actually read the manual, however somehow didn't get it.

Anyway, in parking mode I would expect the cam to go back to normal rec with GPS when I move the vehicle, somehow it didn't do it. I had to restart the cam.

Yes it should do,

Mine do rear one says resuming normal mode

It may take a minute or two for the gps to detect you moved. I am often well under way when the blackvue tells me it is no longer in parking mode. But it does.

Back