DR500GW-HD-32GB: do not auto start?

blizzaaard

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just purchased a DR500GW-HD-32GB two weeks ago. The setup for the first use was perfect. However, when I start my vehicle some days later, I found the camera didn't start automatically. The REC light was green (non-blinking) and both the WIFI light and the GPS light were off. From then on, the only way to make it work is to plug off the power, wait a few minutes and then turn on the camera again. I have to do this every time..

I've read the manual (DR500GW-HD_EN_WEB_Ver.5.01_140423.pdf) but didn't see what the non-blinking green light means. Also, I found this post https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/freezing-cold-blackvue-dr500gw-hd.403/, seems the author got a new one finally. Anyone else had this issue and got it fixed?

is the card full or not? are the date and time stamps on the files correct or not?

anyone translate that to English?? is that insert the sd card??
but to check date file times, stick it in ya PC and look in explorer, it should have date/time next to the file and when you play the file it will have the correct date/time in the bottom. if it doesn't ya GPS battery is stuffed and causing you issues.

Sorry man, I didnt know which time-stamps you mean.
Checked SD card /BlackVue/Record - time stamps are fine, all files from 10/2014, other files on SD are also current.
GPS battery replaced 2 months ago, it gives 3,26V DC.

anyone translate that to English?? is that insert the sd card??
but to check date file times, stick it in ya PC and look in explorer, it should have date/time next to the file and when you play the file it will have the correct date/time in the bottom. if it doesn't ya GPS battery is stuffed and causing you issues.

Its saying "upgrade failed" or "version is different" from what I remember when mine spoke Korean

I just purchased a DR500GW-HD-32GB two weeks ago. The setup for the first use was perfect. However, when I start my vehicle some days later, I found the camera didn't start automatically. The REC light was green (non-blinking) and both the WIFI light and the GPS light were off. From then on, the only way to make it work is to plug off the power, wait a few minutes and then turn on the camera again. I have to do this every time..

I've read the manual (DR500GW-HD_EN_WEB_Ver.5.01_140423.pdf) but didn't see what the non-blinking green light means. Also, I found this post https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/freezing-cold-blackvue-dr500gw-hd.403/, seems the author got a new one finally. Anyone else had this issue and got it fixed?

What version firmware are you on? Have you updated to the latest?

Back