Dr500gw-hd and wifi connection

Graham

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I cannot connect my iPhone to my DR500Gw-HD. My phone sees the blackvue unit but will not connect to it. Have tried different ssd names etc but to know avail my iPad will not connect to it either. Anyone help me please.

Im having similar problems, and it doesn't seem to matter whether its Android or iPhone/Pad. Its very hit or miss whether it connects or not.

Sometimes I can force it by going into the phone settings and connecting manually to the Blackvue hotspot and then opening the app, but this only works 50% of the time.

Im running the latest firmware (1.009E) and OS7 and Android 4.3

Anyone else having connection issues?

It should connect with the default The password is Blackvue and it puts the SSID in itself Some have trouble with OS7 I only have an IPhone 3 and don't have the problem

So I changed everything back to the default settings (Blank SSID & Blackvue as the password) and hey presto, it works! Go figure......

Thanks for the tip Hillbilly:)

There you go marvelous what a read of the manual will tell you LOL

Erm, as an IT engineer, I'm well versed on setting up SSID's and passwords, both of which are an option on the DR500GW.

ScreenShot2013-10-09at112835_zps9ff864e7.png

Perhaps you should read the manual LoL

The fact that only the default appears to work correctly was something I wasn't aware of, and clearly, from the manual, neither are Pittasoft!

Well never having tried to alter it I havent had any trouble I saw that in the manual but some try to alter things before using the default.

I had trouble getting my Iphone to pair with my VW car so always try the basic first Afraid these things arent perfect unfortunately but they seem to work with basic settings At least it works now

Back