DR500GW-HD - Getting green light and will not start

rosdi

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Hi,

My recently bought DR500GW-HD no longer boots up and is just showing green light now. I have waited for up to 30 minutes but nothing happen, all I see is green LED light.

Does anyone know what is causing this problem and how can I fix it?

Thanks for any help.

Regards,
Rosdi.

rosdi said:
Hi,

My recently bought DR500GW-HD no longer boots up and is just showing green light now. I have waited for up to 30 minutes but nothing happen, all I see is green LED light.

Does anyone know what is causing this problem and how can I fix it?

Thanks for any help.

Regards,
Rosdi.

Some informative data would help getting an intelligent answer. Like How old is it, which firmware is it running.
What have you done regarding any updates etc since you got it.
What make and capacity card is in it. Is it the original supplied one or a different one. Have you formatted it in any way since you got it.

Trying to provide an answer to your above question is like trying to do brain surgery with a blindfold on and your hands tied behind your back. If you get what I mean.

Would be easier to predict the weather in 3 weeks.

Hillbilly said:
Would be easier to predict the weather in 3 weeks.
fine and sunny about 29 degrees

Hi guys thanks for the reply... looks like you guys are right.. the sd card is a factor. I used a 64Gb card and it worked fine for about a month... then the problem started...

Today I use the originally supplied 16Gb card and my Blackvue is working normally again...

rosdi said:
Hi guys thanks for the reply... looks like you guys are right.. the sd card is a factor. I used a 64Gb card and it worked fine for about a month... then the problem started...

Today I use the originally supplied 16Gb card and my Blackvue is working normally again...

Now buy a good quality 32gig card and be happy LOL

hello,

I purchased 2 black vue DR500wifi cameras 6 months ago. One camera is working OK but second camera has a problem it often gets stuck on GREEN LIGHT when car is turned on. I have to unplug and replug power cord for camera 5-10 times for it to work and get past green light.

I am using original pitta 32gb memory cards that came with camera. When cameras were installed this problem was seldom but now that the weather outside is -30* C this camera is always stucks.

After reading reply above I went and purchased another 32gb card, fully formatted to fat32 on computer and then inserted into camera. It worked OK for one day and then back to same problem.

PLEASE ADVISE I NEED HELP!!!

This one camera had a problem from when it was installed in the summer. It would freeze on green light once a week during summer/fall, now it freezes every time I start my car. Memory card?? Firmware? or return for RMA???

Back