DR500GW-HD Group Buy

heiNey said:
jokiin said:
heiNey said:
$239 now. 2 days left.

what other dash cams are better than this? im still torn between this and the finevu cr500hd, or maybe the itb-100hd

in this price range I think the ITB-100HD is probably the best buy

wasnt the itb-100hd only $170 before? it feels like a rip off when it used to be cheap and now it's expensive. idk. guess i still have a day to decide.

At the current group rate my vote goes to the blackvue although I was very tempted to switch over. I've always had good results with my last two blackvue products (400 and 'season 2')

$239 is the a very good price. Actually, I don't think I have seen it for any lower than this. Really the main drawback with this camera is the macroblocking / pixealation problem due to the low bit rate. You really have 3 options:

1) Load the hacked firmware and adjust the firmware up - risk that the warranty is not covered and going back to the original firmware might not be possible.
2) Wait for Pittasoft to release an updated English firmware with adjustable bit rate - you may be waiting a long time ;)
3) Live with the video quality.

tonywong said:
Just ordered 2 with 3 hours left. :D

Hope it all works out!

You posted this last night saying there was 3 hours left. A few hours ago i logged in to check on the status and it said 2 hours remaining and now i refreshed the page again and it now says 2 hours 58 minutes remaining. wtf.

venezian said:
You posted this last night saying there was 3 hours left. A few hours ago i logged in to check on the status and it said 2 hours remaining and now i refreshed the page again and it now says 2 hours 58 minutes remaining. wtf.
If you check discussions on the massdrop there is the message from massdrop employee:
Steve 17 hours ago
We tried to place the order for these tonight, however we were unable to get a response from Pittasoft. Since we'll be contacting them again tomorrow to place our order, we've decided to extend the massdrop until then to allow more people to join the group.

And another one about additional extensions:

Steve @ Jorge 5 hours ago
Hey Jorge - don't worry, the group buy won't be extended again. We're placing the order tonight and will shoot you an email update with the expected timeline.

got mine today. you guys should be getting yours soon if you havent already.

heiNey said:

Got mine today as well. Already installed and so far loving it.

Only problem is the time is off by 3 hours (pacific std time) but I think I read somewhere here that there was an issue and possible fix.

venezian said:
heiNey said:

Only problem is the time is off by 3 hours (pacific std time) but I think I read somewhere here that there was an issue and possible fix.

In my version of the application there is plenty of options for west coast time and has Los Angeles as one of them.

Take it for a drive as the GPS sets the time not the application.

It only gives the offset from Greenwich Mean time. and GPS will set it when it gets a fix

What do you guys think of the quality, can you read registration plates whilst moving?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Hillbilly said:
venezian said:
heiNey said:

In my version of the application there is plenty of options for west coast time and has Los Angeles as one of them.

Take it for a drive as the GPS sets the time not the application.

It only gives the offset from Greenwich Mean time. and GPS will set it when it gets a fix

mine is set to Los Angeles time and it's still off. I have a firmware, but not sure if it's safe to update. I've updated another thread and waiting for a response.

Milamber said:
What do you guys think of the quality, can you read registration plates whilst moving?

Nope... the overall quality is good, but i'm able to read plates better with my DR400-II than this, but the settings on mine are all stock. Set to 1080P 3FPS w/ high compression.

venezian said:
Milamber said:

Nope... the overall quality is good, but i'm able to read plates better with my DR400-II than this, but the settings on mine are all stock. Set to 1080P 3FPS w/ high compression.[/quote

] Hopefully 30 FPS turn compression off and it will be better The magnifier is useless also just brings up a very poor quality image Better to capture a screen shop and then enlarge it in Photoshop or similar if you really need to read the plate. Mostly it will be readable in the still image

What a good deal with cheaper price here. ($258)

http://astrobile.com/car-vehicle-access ... gw-hd.html

It only took 2 days to get my home by FEDEX that it was upgraded to expedited shipping for free.

I am a common customer that site that I posted.

You guy! try to set up the Blackvue DR500GW in you car!

Last edited by a moderator:
PGBJJ said:
What a good deal with cheaper price here. ($258)

http://astrobile.com/car-vehicle-access ... gw-hd.html

It only took 2 days to get my home by FEDEX that it was upgraded to expedited shipping for free.

I am a common customer that site that I posted.

You guy! try to set up the Blackvue DR500GW in you car!

I just got 2 pcs of DR500GW from him that was taken 3days delivery service with fed.

Also, they sell Livue LB 100 which is hot item here lower price less $3.

Good deal :D

Last edited by a moderator:
anyone buy this with the power magic pro?

im not sure if im the one who's not wiring it correctly, or if the power magic pro is damaged.

i connected the yellow (BATT) cable to a fuse that has power with the key out of the ignition, and the red (ACC) cable to a fuse that has no power with the key out.

i get no power out of it, but the light on the power magic pro is lit and green. i find that if i wiggle the connector, i get power. if i try to set it down, the power cuts off again (but the green light on the power magic pro is always on).

it's not supposed to be like this, right? im pretty sure the wires are loose or something

heiNey said:

im not sure if im the one who's not wiring it correctly, or if the power magic pro is damaged.

i connected the yellow (BATT) cable to a fuse that has power with the key out of the ignition, and the red (ACC) cable to a fuse that has no power with the key out.

i get no power out of it, but the light on the power magic pro is lit and green. i find that if i wiggle the connector, i get power. if i try to set it down, the power cuts off again (but the green light on the power magic pro is always on).

it's not supposed to be like this, right? im pretty sure the wires are loose or something

what about your ground cable? There should be a screw you can remove somewhere nearby that is on metal. It needs to be grounded.

I remember that the instructions were pretty clear.

venezian said:
heiNey said:

what about your ground cable? There should be a screw you can remove somewhere nearby that is on metal. It needs to be grounded.

sorry, yea it's grounded.

Hello members,

Did you already buy the BlackVue camera's?
Maybe I can help you with this group buy...

If you're interested, please leave a message or send a email to info@carvision.nl

Yours sincerely,

Michael Cheung
CarVision

Official distributor BlackVue

heiNey said:
venezian said:
heiNey said:

sorry, yea it's grounded.
The green light will always be on because of the power from the permanent connection and if so the camera should work. HAve you tried using something else in the ciggy socket to see if it will go.

Check the fuse in the ciggy plug on the camera cable yo might have blown that Pushing wires down the side of fuses is not my idea of a nice installation either.

You can buy fuses with a wire already soldered onto them which is afar better way to go. Very hard to do yourself due to finish on fuse pins (Ive tried and can solder circuit boards but not fuses)

You may not have power off the acc wire Disconnect one at a time and see what happens. Pretty foolproof thing to install if done properly

Hillbilly said:
The green light will always be on because of the power from the permanent connection and if so the camera should work. HAve you tried using something else in the ciggy socket to see if it will go.

Check the fuse in the ciggy plug on the camera cable yo might have blown that Pushing wires down the side of fuses is not my idea of a nice installation either.

You can buy fuses with a wire already soldered onto them which is afar better way to go. Very hard to do yourself due to finish on fuse pins (Ive tried and can solder circuit boards but not fuses)

You may not have power off the acc wire Disconnect one at a time and see what happens. Pretty foolproof thing to install if done properly

well, i figured out the problem. it was already installed properly. the wires are loose inside the connector that goes to the power magic pro box. if i move it, the power cuts off, or on, depending on where it's being moved. as long as i dont touch it, it'll stay on, but with bumps on the road and stuff, it's not reliable. ive already asked them for a replacement, so hopefully it comes soon.

Back