DR500GW-HD: no wi-fi access anymore, login password denied!

thomaspeter

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Hi everyone, this is Thomas from Munich, Germany!

One week ago I bought the BlackVue DR500GW-HD at a german distributor via internet for the price of 299 Euros.

I installed the cam, until yesterday everything went alright. Several points of criticism really do exist, most of them were already mentioned in this forum. I will describe my first experiences in another posting in some of the next days.

Yesterday I changed the wi-fi access password (as BlackVue does recommend!) from default "blackvue" to another one existing of 6 characters and 2 numbers. Obviously the new password was accepted, no error message. I was connected to the cam via wi-fi, sitting in the car, I am using a Samsung Tab 2 7.0 wi-fi only device.

Next time I wanted to connect my tablet-pc to the cam via wi-fi with my new password, the access was denied. Neither the new one nor the default one do work at all! I have no wi-fi access to the cam anymore!

Yesterday I sent an e-mail to Pittasoft, a friendly guy named Alex Lee answered and recommended to format the SD card with an SD card formatter in the PC and insert the SD card back in the cam, everything should be fine then!

But nothing is fine, it's not working anymore, right now I am deeply disappointed...

Does any of you guys ever heard about this problem? I will send Alex another e-mail after this weekend and ask for his help. What, if no password fits anymore? Do I have to send the whole device back to the company, where I purchased it?

Thanks for your answers, yours

Thomas

Re: DR500GW-HD: no wi-fi access anymore, login password deni

Try to take the file сonfig.ini with the original firmware and replace in your Сonfig
after that should be the default password

Mio said:
Try to take the file сonfig.ini with the original firmware and replace in your Сonfig
after that should be the default password

Thank you, Mio!

I forgot to mention my poor skills of computing, sorry :oops:

Has anyone time to write down some kind of "step-by-step-tutorial" for Mio's advice?

My desktop computer is an iMac, I connect my tablet Samsung Tab 2 7.0 via w-lan with the computer.

What exactly do I have to do in order to get back my wi-fi connection to the DR500GW-HD?

Thanks, Thomas

download for here file http://www.sendspace.com/file/m71vyz
Pull out flashcards from the DVR and connect flashcards to your device
Replace the file (config.ini) on the path /BlackVue/Config

Last edited by a moderator:

Mio said:

Thank you, Mio!

Two hours ago another member gave me the advice, to copy + paste several codes in the config folder of the SD card. That did not work at all, because of my Mac operating system? Are you both sure, that I can change config also on the mac? This member has deleted his reply right now.

Then I followed another advice, which I found here in the forum. I changed password back to default one simply using my BlackViewViewer here on the desktop computer. And it worked very well and easily, I regained wi-fi access to my cam and I am happy again!

Thank you all for your help, this is a cool place :lol:

Thomas

thomaspeter said:
Mio said:

Thank you, Mio!

Two hours ago another member gave me the advice, to copy + paste several codes in the config folder of the SD card. That did not work at all, because of my Mac operating system? Are you both sure, that I can change config also on the mac? This member has deleted his reply right now.

Then I followed another advice, which I found here in the forum. I changed password back to default one simply using my BlackViewViewer here on the desktop computer. And it worked very well and easily, I regained wi-fi access to my cam and I am happy again!

Thank you all for your help, this is a cool place :lol:

Thomas
You should be able to copy and paste on any machine shouldnt make any difference Probably was me who put up that but as I wasnt sure it would work I deleted it and was going to put up an ini like Mio did. However you have fixed it so is OK

I am not familiar with Mac OS, but maybe it was due to a non Linux compatible editor?
Its the same as in Windows, dont use notepad. I have learned now the the DR500 is running a Linux kernel, so may be the editor in the Mac OS wrotes any control code (line feed/carriage return) into the file when editing which is not known by the cameras OS!?

Regards

I normally run the blackvue software on the PC, but the one time I used the mac, the next time I went to access the camera via wi-fi and my iphone I also was unable to log in as it seemed to have messed up the password, not sure what I done on the mac as can't remember if I changed any settings but was very strange, will have to try again as the screen on my mac is a lot bigger and clearer than my old Pc, and this time I'll make a note of what if any con-fig changes I make and see if it mess's it up again.

well for the dr400g, when I moved to the latest viewer 2.032 or something it stuffed up my config file, I had to use the older version viewer to make it good again. so something is wrong there as I need to always use the old version for config file changes.

Back