DR500GW-HD Time setting incorrect

mightyboo

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Hello,

I bought DR500GW-HD, which came with Korean firmware, 1.005K. Have been using it for more than 3 weeks, everything was good, i was able to receive correct time, date and speed indication.

But last week when i updated to 1.008K from blackvue.co.kr, my time immediately became 2 hours ahead, and i receive no speed indication.

I have set to correct timezone to Asia/Singapore, Blue GPS light is constantly ON, however when i check live view and the recordings, the time is wrong, date is correct though. And speed indication is always "-- km/h".

Did i do something wrong here? Been a week already, i drive everyday to work, lunch and home, and my Power Magic is set to 6 hours timer, so its on most of the time.

I used the supplied SDCARD and software to do "full erase" before installing the firmware into the SDCARD. :ugeek: :ugeek:

What should i dooooooooo? Is it possible to downgrade to original 1.005k ?

mightyboo said:
Hello,

I bought DR500GW-HD, which came with Korean firmware, 1.005K. Have been using it for more than 3 weeks, everything was good, i was able to receive correct time, date and speed indication.

But last week when i updated to 1.008K from blackvue.co.kr, my time immediately became 2 hours ahead, and i receive no speed indication.

I have set to correct timezone to Asia/Singapore, Blue GPS light is constantly ON, however when i check live view and the recordings, the time is wrong, date is correct though. And speed indication is always "-- km/h".

Did i do something wrong here? Been a week already, i drive everyday to work, lunch and home, and my Power Magic is set to 6 hours timer, so its on most of the time.

I used the supplied SDCARD and software to do "full erase" before installing the firmware into the SDCARD. :ugeek: :ugeek:

What should i dooooooooo? Is it possible to downgrade to original 1.005k ?

Read the threads its all there including that you may not be able to downgrade. Pittasoft know about the time problem so hopefully are working on it

Well just for a laugh I used an old card and installed 1.008 on it and put it in my camera here in Australia.

HOWEVER I SET THE TIME TO LOS ANGELES

Result the time is correct exactly so I dont know whats up with the cameras that are not correct.

It cant be the updated firmware or they would all do it.

Hi,

Any updates so far? My GPS light is still always on but giving --- KM/H, no GPS location either. Time and date always back to July 25 2013 ONLY after formatting SDCARD..

Would it work if i open the DR500GW-HD and unplug and plug in the GPS chip on the PCB ?

Or would it work if i copy citytime folder in 1.1.1aes firmware with my timezone, copy over to stock SD CARD?

mightyboo said:
Hi,

Any updates so far? My GPS light is still always on but giving --- KM/H, no GPS location either. Time and date always back to July 25 2013 ONLY after formatting SDCARD..

Would it work if i open the DR500GW-HD and unplug and plug in the GPS chip on the PCB ?

Or would it work if i copy citytime folder in 1.1.1aes firmware with my timezone, copy over to stock SD CARD?

Send it back before you ruin it

Hello,

I had managed to get the GPS working, with correct time date and speed displayed finally!!.

Its all done using original firmware and without opening the case. and it was very very very easy!!!

The only way was to DELETE the INTERNAL memory, and flash in any version (i.e. 1.005E K or 1.003 whatsoever) of firmware. The system will not check for incorrect version as the internal memory is empty after deleting it.

So anybody out there with this issue, i suggest u delete your current firmware internally, and flash the version u desire, instead of the normal way (flashing without deleting internal memory… also known as upgrading..)

Shout out to user "macabre" in car-dvr.info forum for sharing.
The instructions are in: http://car-dvr.info/forum/index.php?topic=254.0

Remember to allow initial gps start up for about 10 mins++ where your vehicle is in open space to get correct info.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well,

It makes to receive GPS signal much quicker, on DR500GW
But time and date are still 25 July 2013

Already packed DR500 to ship back in Korea, but unpacked to check your instructions
Unfortunately incorrect date and time problem not solved (

Anyway, thanks for letting know

Hey give it awhile it does come back. I had lost hope initially but it just comes after awhile.

You may try to push wifi button for 10 sec + to reset, hopefully it will be good by then.

Back