DR500GW not starting, only blue gps light

loki99

Reaction score
Country
United States
I tried searching for this but didn't see anything, I have a DR500GW that wont turn on, the only light that appears is the blue GPS light, no voice prompts to let me know it has resumed normal recording or starting up and no other lights come on. tried reformatting the sd-card and also re adding the 1.008e to the sd-card, still no luck with it fully turning on. pressing reset (that turns the GPS light off until i release the button) or holding the wifi button for 10sec doesn't do anything either. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

loki99 said:
I tried searching for this but didn't see anything, I have a DR500GW that wont turn on, the only light that appears is the blue GPS light, no voice prompts to let me know it has resumed normal recording or starting up and no other lights come on. tried reformatting the sd-card and also re adding the 1.008e to the sd-card, still no luck with it fully turning on. pressing reset (that turns the GPS light off until i release the button) or holding the wifi button for 10sec doesn't do anything either. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
What settings do you have in the Blackvue Viewer.

You put the SD card in computer and go to the top r/hand corner and click on the cog icon and set it all up in there. Put card back in camera and try.

What did you format the card with Should use SD formatter from the Blackvue site.

I have pretty much the default settings. i only changed some of the sensitivity options, and SSID and WPA password.

SDCard is formatted using the SDFormater from the blackvue site. I'm in the process of formatting a new 16GB SD Card to try that out

Even with new 16GB SD Card formated with that SDFormater all the camera does is turn on the blue gps led.

Back