DR500GW - "password incorrect"

tremors2

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am hoping someone has an idea for me.

Today I received my DR500GW. I installed the App from Google Play to my Razr Maxx HD. But, I can not login to the Blackvue. I constantly receive "password incorrect". The phone works fine on all other WiFi networks.

However, I can login to the Blackvue from my old Xoom tablet with no problems.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to fix this?

Yes, the Xoom is disconnected.

I just tried my wife's iPhone5 and it too connects without difficulty. I very much hope I can find a solution.

Thanks!

Edit: The Blackvue is not in parking mode when I try to connect.

This may sound stupid, but passwords are usually case sensitive. Make sure when typing in the password that the first letter doesn't get capitalized. Some phones do that when starting a sentence.

Thanks TallTom, I was careful about that. I even changed the PW to: 00000000 (all zeros) to try.

What's strange - I was actually able to login twice now on my Razr Maxx HD and use the app as expected. But 95% of the time, I get "password incorrect".

Again, no problem with my wifes iPhone 5 or my Xoom tablet, only problem is with the Razr Maxx HD.

Thanks for any suggestions.

The default password is Blackvue and never needs to be entered after the first time.

At least it doesnt on my phones Have just changed from an Iphone to and Android and it connected first time without me entering anything

There have been problems with late versions of Android OS and connection issues.

The default password is Blackvue and never needs to be entered after the first time.

At least it doesnt on my phones Have just changed from an Iphone to and Android and it connected first time without me entering anything

There have been problems with late versions of Android OS and connection issues.

Odd, I have to enter it every time I connect to it.

Thanks TallTom, I was careful about that. I even changed the PW to: 00000000 (all zeros) to try.

What's strange - I was actually able to login twice now on my Razr Maxx HD and use the app as expected. But 95% of the time, I get "password incorrect".

Again, no problem with my wifes iPhone 5 or my Xoom tablet, only problem is with the Razr Maxx HD.

Thanks for any suggestions.

So odd, is the keyboard laggy? Maybe it isn't getting all the digits. I noticed that my S3 is slowing down so I have to type my passwords in slower to ensure I have them right.

Thanks TT. I have tried slowly and carefully entering the password and no joy. It does connect about one out of twenty tries and the app functions normally after that.

It's driving me pretty crazy. So close, but no cigar.

What OS are you using there is known problems with one of the later versions. Im still on Gingerbread and its OK

I'm on Android version 4.1.2 Jelly Bean. And, I would not bet on Verizon rolling out too many more updates or fixes for the Razr Maxx HD.

I'll Google for known problems and see what comes up. That being said, I have never had a problem with WiFi on this phone in any other regard.

Thanks!

Hers one fix Not sure if it will help here though

Android 4.3 fix. Go to Wi-fi Settings, click Advanced and untick Auto Network Switch. This allows the Blackvue network to remain connected and view videos.

Thanks Hillbilly. The setting in 4.1.2 is called "Keep WiFi on during sleep". I have it set to "Always".

Did it fix it though and if you keep WIFI on all the time it will chew through the battery really fast.

Why would you need it on connected to the camera apart from adjusting the settings very occasionally anyway.

Have only connected my new phone to ensure it worked. Its about 6 months since I last looked at anything through WIFI.

In fact its about 6 months since I looked at anything the camera has recorded

Last edited:
No, setting WiFi "always on" did not fix it. You konw Hillbilly, you're completely right. Apart from settings and alignment, (which I can do on my wife's iPhone), I really don't need the app.

It's just my obsessive mind that needs to figure out what the problem is. Maybe I should just let it go. :)

No, setting WiFi "always on" did not fix it. You konw Hillbilly, you're completely right. Apart from settings and alignment, (which I can do on my wife's iPhone), I really don't need the app.

It's just my obsessive mind that needs to figure out what the problem is. Maybe I should just let it go. :)

Yes I am a bit like that I like to know "why" things wont work as they should

However unlike those who have an obsession with posting endless videos on Youtube I never worry unless there is an incident that needs looking at.

Other than that I format the card regularly to keep it tidy and don't worry about it.

With the 350 in the rear I set the time when going on a trip as it loses that and the car is only used about once a week.

Back