dr500gw sound/error after firmware upgrade

Firstly where did you buy your camera and what language did it speak before you upgraded.

It sounds like its the upgrading message in Korean.

You need to tell us a lot more to get a sensible answer.

A bit like asking to do brain surgery with a blindfold on if you get what I mean

Last edited:
Sure, I bought it on amazon in Feb of 2013 and it spoke english when I got it. I had installed a custom firmware that allowed it to run at a high bitrate that was linked to on this forum. DR500GW-custom-1.003aE was the name of the firmware.

Yesterday I went to install 1.011 english from the blackvue website. I formatted my flash card and ran the installer to set up the flash drive. Then I put it in. It was looping that sound for about 10 minutes so I ended up unplugging it as I didn't remember firmware upgrades taking that long.

Sure, I bought it on amazon in Feb of 2013 and it spoke english when I got it. I had installed a custom firmware that allowed it to run at a high bitrate that was linked to on this forum. DR500GW-custom-1.003aE was the name of the firmware.

Yesterday I went to install 1.011 english from the blackvue website. I formatted my flash card and ran the installer to set up the flash drive. Then I put it in. It was looping that sound for about 10 minutes so I ended up unplugging it as I didn't remember firmware upgrades taking that long.

From what I can remember there is a set way to step back from custom firmware and it isn't always possible.

Some of those who have dabbled with it will answer I guess as I don't bother with that stuff.

Back