dr550-gw quality

itsmyjager

Reaction score
Country
Singapore

i have had the above installed just recently. and this is the quality im getting with it while on the highest quality setting. why am i getting the blurry recordings even in the bright day light conditions? these get much worse in the night. its totally not able to picture anything; like its in a dark room for both the front and rear.

now my concern is to fix this issue on the rear before figuring the darkness issue. anyone can advice?

i have had the above installed just recently. and this is the quality im getting with it while on the highest quality setting. why am i getting the blurry recordings even in the bright day light conditions? these get much worse in the night. its totally not able to picture anything; like its in a dark room for both the front and rear.

now my concern is to fix this issue on the rear before figuring the darkness issue. anyone can advice?

Tinted window is it. Front looks about right Back looks like its looking through a heavily tinted window Turn the brightness up in the settings a bit more.

the whole car is tinted but definitely not blackout. and the settings are already on the highest on the videos.

im not able to get a clear recording not when its day time and not in the night. anyone experiencing the same?

My rear window is tinted but I still get a good image in the day and night although at night the rear is darker as you would expect, but I will also add that even though my camera works just fine the image quality is not what it should be but this is a well documented issue with this unit and at best I would grade it as average.

as for the above footage the day light one is how I would expect it to be as you are in a dark car park with it pointing to the light and the camera will adjust the light for the light coming in, if you park in a bay pointing into the car park with the light coming from behind or from the side you will see a big difference you will also have the same effect at night with bright lights especially if you have turned the brightness right up

It is reducing the light because you have it pointing at a backlit image Get the light behind you and it will be better Even a digital camera will do that if you don't compensate for the backlighting.

As far as the other videos are concerned I would say its the tinting that is causing it Hold the camera looking out a side window with the window down and see if its OK

Or take it outside the car and try it. If its Ok its the tint.

The problem is the lens is out of focus you have to do a "fix"

First you remove the lens cover it just pops off with a sharp knife at the top edge, although my fingernail under the blue section works perfectly well.
Second with some cloth and some pliers you have to turn the lens until it is in focus at a further distance.
There is a Thread about it here somewhere cant find it. Anyway did it to mine as the camera always had my bonnet in perfect focus but I couldn't focus on anything more then 15 foot away.

The fault is in the manufacturing not in the individual camera as more people have this fault then anything else.

Back