DR550 - Manual Reset

RacingSnake

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,
right, I have finally fully plumbed in the camera (what a complete pain in the backside)... I've made some changes to the setup and it asked to reset the camera - as far as I could tell, the only way is to pull the power cable? is that right?
Bit annoying as I buried the power magic behind the carpets and the power cable into the unit itself is pretty tight!.

So, is there another way to reset the camera?

Well, there is a reset button described on pages 12 and 13 of my BlackVue manual. The button is close to the slot where you insert the microSD card - to the lower right of the SD card when the BlackVue is in its normal orientation on the car window. The manual doesn't say what the reset actually does, however. The manual does say: "If you need to reset BlackVue, press the Reset button. It is recommended for emergency use only." Unhelpfully ominous!

Thanks!
o_O if I'm messing around there I may as well pull the plug and let it 'shut down' itself.... maybe this is a suggestion for Pittasoft?!! introduce some form of software/app controlled reset button.

If you altered the settings using the viewer in your PC you only need to click on save at the bottom and put the card in the camera and it will work. If you used WIFI god knows what will happen.

Thanks, they were altered by wifi via the app, but it pops up and says the unit needs to be restarted before they'll take effect - which is fair enough, but it's a bit of a pain to reach the plug at the back of the cam to switch it off :|

Pull the plug out then or turn the ignition off wait for camera to shut down and turn ign back on Simples.

I tried to make the install as neat and discreet as possible, so there isn't much room to pull the plug - and turning the ignition off won't shut it down because of the PMP?

If you have a PMP or the PMP plus turn the switch (s) off and it will turn parking mode off and unit will turn off.

Hi guys,
right, I have finally fully plumbed in the camera (what a complete pain in the backside)... I've made some changes to the setup and it asked to reset the camera - as far as I could tell, the only way is to pull the power cable? is that right?
Bit annoying as I buried the power magic behind the carpets and the power cable into the unit itself is pretty tight!.

So, is there another way to reset the camera?
Maybe I'm wrong (cuz I'm a newbie) but I thought I read in the manual that holding the wifi button for 10 seconds would reset. No???

Correct Don't hit the WIFI button as that will format it

Back