DR550 Parking Mode

RichC

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a DR550GW and im having some issues getting parking mode to work the way id want it to..

The car park where i work is pretty busy with cars/people coming and going almost constantly, the result of which is that the DR550 in parking mode records video almost constantly 24/7. What i'd like to do is disable the motion sensing and just use the G-Sensors to start recording if something actually hits my car (It's happened twice so far in this car park and is the reason that i got the cam!).

Setting the Motion sensing to 0 in parking settings actually seems to make it very sensitive (as opposed to turning it off) and with it setup like this very small changes in the image from either camera will trigger a recording. Setting it to a low value (like 1) seems to make it less sensitive but dosent turn it off - i get a recording approx every 2 or 3 minutes as opposed to every minute with it set this way.

Is there anyone here that uses parking mode and if so, how do you have your parking mode settings configured ?

It would appear that there is something a little strange going on with the settings for motion detection - do i have this the wrong way around ? is 0 the most sensitive and 100 off? (havnt tried that!)

Rich

Have the same prob with my 500, dropped it down to 5 and it still triggers, when I park front to wall it is better..but have noticed once or twice my flashing alarm led will trigger!

tonymy01 said:
Have the same prob with my 500, dropped it down to 5 and it still triggers, when I park front to wall it is better..but have noticed once or twice my flashing alarm led will trigger!

Yes, my flashing alarm LED triggers it too.. but covered that over so i cant see it anymore - but still gets almost constant recording :(

Would be good if there was some way to disable the motion sensing completely. A config.ini setting that could be added maybe?

I actually think this is a bug in the DR550 firmware.

In the camera settings window, if you move the motion detection slider all the way down, it actually says "Motion Detection Off" (as shown in the screenshot below).

This sets the MOTIONSENSOR variable in the config.ini to 0 - but it doesn't disable the motion sensing, in fact it seems to make it more sensitive then ever!

Does the same thing happen with the DR500 or does this actually disable motion sensing with this camera?

Is there somewhere where bugs like this can be reported to pittasoft so that they can be fixed?

Also, has this been fixed in the custom firmware for the DR500?

Attachments

• screenshot.JPG
    screenshot.JPG
    22.4 KB · Views: 97
Setting motion detection slider to zero, over Android app, disables it, on my DR500. (FW1.003)

i get the same! I have used 1 and it records constantly.
I will try zero tomorrow and see.What sensitivity for front, left and top do you guys have set to?mine is at 80.

This issue has been fixed in the new v1.04 firmware for the Dr550gw now..

Have my motion sensitivity set to 0 and it now only records if triggered by the g sensors in parking mode..

Have my g sensor sensitivity set to 95 for all three axis..

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk

On my 550 both cameras have motion detectors. Bird flying through starts recording in parking mode. Sensitive just-1.

Back