DR550gw-2ch freezes.

Samoht

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Hi There.

I have the 550-2ch + Power magic pro. (set the volt shutdown 11.8)

Problem is when cam is powered off, and quickly powered on, it freezes.

If my vehicle has been unused for some days, and I turn it on, it’s like the voltage just gets below 11.8 and shuts down, but quickly after it wants to power on the cam, and it freezes with all led’s on. The only thing I can do then, is to take out power for like 5 min. and then it comes back on.

So my problem is, when power turns off, and on again 1sec after, it freezes.

Is there a solution to this ?

Thank you.

Kind regards.

Im using the latest v. 2.002.
I allso had problem with the previus FW.

Kind regards.

Interesting.
I had my unit freeze for the first time ever yesterday, and was running the custom firmware 1.2.
I have just reverted back to the original on 2.002.

Certainly when I've left mine and it's cut out, it's fired-up no problem when restarting - the alternator voltage should be about 14-14.5v so once it's started, it's got plenty of power until it's next parked up.

I'm not sure what to suggest, other than disabling parking mode (to save battery), or to start looking ta the car as to why it's not providing enough power to keep it running once it's started up.
I assume you're using a PMP? maybe double check the wiring?

Yes. Im using a PMP set to 11.8volt (and no timer)
I have the ignition from behind my radio, and i started having +wire on brake light. But change it to direkt + on fusebox. But that dit not solve my problem.
I guess i have to plug the cam directly in cigar socket so i Can find out if its the cam, or the PMP thats making the trouble.

Other suggestions are still welcome.

Thank you

Hi chaps Me again...
DR550GW, Frozen complete lock-up. has been running update 2.001e since it was released, it is English before you ask...
Well just this last week it had all the lights stuck on. and the last time I went to get footage off the card windows could not view the files, windows repaired the card and all the files were in the hidden folder DIR.001 i renmed them all MP4 and they seemed okay. so after a full format put the card back into the camera.
Now the dash camera says invalid format, or initializing card again and again, no wifi, tried three fully tested and formatted cards.
I thought I would try and re-flash the 2.001E firm ware , but it says invalid version the same message that you get when you try and flash a Russian one with English...

Well that's now an expensive paper weight, and basically been a pain in the back end since I got it. If you are listening seller in Ireland, I will be in touch tomorrow.

i just got this camera a few days ago. i delivery pizza and i had the PMP set to off today. i went into a hotel and came back out within a minute and restarted my car, all the lights turn on and get stuck. tried restarting a dozen times with no luck. this happened the other day too. i assume to only solution is reformatting the card.

i have it set up for 12 volt cut off, 6 hours right now, but at the time i had it off.

do you think its caused by turning it off and on too quickly? if thats the case i think my solution would be to have the PMP on so that it remains recording while i am delivering even if i turn the car off when i am more likely to shut off my car and back on too quickly sometimes.

i am new hear and had a few other questions, does anyone know what kind of cleaner i can use if i want to reapply a new sticky pad on the camera? where i put the rear camera on the black part of my window it seems as if it doesnt want to stick as much as toothe glass and i noticed it had come unstuck, but i do have an extra sticky pad.

i am using a second sd card formatted to keep in my car for now incase i have this issue again, i will have a back up card to swap right away. it seems like it was corrupted by turning it off and on too quickly.

i just got this camera a few days ago. i delivery pizza and i had the PMP set to off today. i went into a hotel and came back out within a minute and restarted my car, all the lights turn on and get stuck. tried restarting a dozen times with no luck. this happened the other day too. i assume to only solution is reformatting the card.

i have it set up for 12 volt cut off, 6 hours right now, but at the time i had it off.

do you think its caused by turning it off and on too quickly? if thats the case i think my solution would be to have the PMP on so that it remains recording while i am delivering even if i turn the car off when i am more likely to shut off my car and back on too quickly sometimes.

i am new hear and had a few other questions, does anyone know what kind of cleaner i can use if i want to reapply a new sticky pad on the camera? where i put the rear camera on the black part of my window it seems as if it doesnt want to stick as much as toothe glass and i noticed it had come unstuck, but i do have an extra sticky pad.

i am using a second sd card formatted to keep in my car for now incase i have this issue again, i will have a back up card to swap right away. it seems like it was corrupted by turning it off and on too quickly.
Exactly the same as my fault I have the camera on permanently using a special extra battery system. Put it this way it's big enough to keep a fridge running for a few days without dropping below 12 volts. The camera is flawed.

Right I decided to try my luck with the latest update...

2.002E updated and its running again...
however it is 9:45 in the morning but the camera thinks its 15:45 pain in the rear end camera...

At least its running... I am going to remove all files from the card again and see if the time resets to the right time of the day...

Right I decided to try my luck with the latest update...

2.002E updated and its running again...
however it is 9:45 in the morning but the camera thinks its 15:45 pain in the rear end camera...

At least its running... I am going to remove all files from the card again and see if the time resets to the right time of the day...
my camera also was showing the wrong time but it updated eventually with a good gps signal i think. coincidentally because of my "eyebrow" dash on my 2012 civic, you can actually see the time on my dashboard screen.... and thats the only part of the dash screen you can see.

Well formatting the card again worked...

So now Version 2.002E Recording with right date and time... Proberbley be on Fleebay soon

Well formatting the card again worked...

So now Version 2.002E Recording with right date and time... Proberbley be on Fleebay soon
I had more trouble today. Wouldnt work, reformatted and finally worked again, but then the rear camera footag was all yellow and blue like it was thermal vision. Tried restarting it but it just wouldnt start back up.... reformatted AGAIN... Wouldnt work at first but suddenly it started up, left the power magic on all day somi didnt risk it not starting back up.

So i have two questions, pittasoft was no help.

1) is the reset button you hold for 7 seconds the wifi button? Or the touch capacitive audio button? Neither worked for me... is there a hidden reset button you need a paper clip for? When it refuses to start up i restart it with no card and it says insert card but then it says please check card.

2) is it possible my power magic pro isnt getting enough power? I hooked red and yellow to 15amp fuses.

This thing is frustrating, if it worked all the time it would be perfect... no other cameras offer the features i like. For example today i could monitor both cameras from inside my work and watch people out in the parking lot that otherwise has no security cameras.... my car is always close enough from the wifi to reach but often out of site.

ok, there is no reset button, you'll need to unplug it, let it power down and plug it in again.
If you press and hold the wifi button for a few seconds that formats the card.

unlikely not to be getting enough power, it doesn't need much, but you can simply check it by measuring the voltage with a voltmeter.

@pizzaengineer.
I have the same problem.
I have tried with no PMP. Just pluged it in cigar power. when taking out power, and plug it in again quickly after, my cam freezes like yours (i saw your video)
I have tried format the card, but the cam still have this problem regually.
I had the same problem with the original blackvue sd-card that came with the camera.

Is there no solution to this ?

Wow, you guys have really jinxed me!!

My camera has locked up today, no amount of leaving off for 10 mins, or cooling over the aircon has got it running again.
So at the moment, all I have is a paper-weight hanging from the screen. awesome. :|

Paperweight is a bit extreme, maybe you could hang an air freshener from it, just so you could feel it serves some useful purpose :)

@pizzaengineer.
I have the same problem.
I have tried with no PMP. Just pluged it in cigar power. when taking out power, and plug it in again quickly after, my cam freezes like yours (i saw your video)
I have tried format the card, but the cam still have this problem regually.
I had the same problem with the original blackvue sd-card that came with the camera.

Is there no solution to this ?
The 5th day no matter what i did it refused to start back up. I returned it for a refund and ordered a new one. The seller from amazon accepted refunds but not replacements but since it was fulfilled by amazon the return was free and easy. I ordered the 16gb version this time because the 32 was a waste of $45 and now i have a sandisk 32gb card to use anyways.

I just finished installing it, so ill keep this thread up to date if i have any issues. I didnt bother using the supplied 16gb card, but this package with the PMP was cheaper then buying them separate anyways.

this is the broken english response i got from pittasoft's customer support:

It is the contact for dealers.
http://www.blackvue.co.kr/en/contents/sub5_1.asp
If the problem continues, please contact your official distributor to repair your blackVue.
Please contact the dealer from whom you purchased the Dashcam.
please contact your seller about A/S procedure?
Difficult to give a definite answer .
Thank you for your understanding.
If difficult to solve in the dealer, please email again.
Contact other Please do not hesitate to contact us at
as@pittasoft.com.
Sincerely.
Pittasoft support team..
if this one has an issue i will return it and try another brand. i am giving it a chance again since i really really like this cameras design and features. but it worries me that other users here have the same problem.

Yes I'm using the pmp.
Its been running fine for months.... until yesterday.

Got mine running again this morning.
A fresh card, fresh format, fresh f/w install on version 2.002.

First time I put it in the camera it just kept repeating that the language version is different?!! or something like that.
So I cycled the power and it finally completed the update.

So currently running 2.002 - lets see what happens over the next couple of days.

Back