DR550GW-2CH - Need a good config for my car

Joachim Aarnes

Reaction score
Country
Norway
Hi all,

I need some tip to configure my DR550GW correct.
I have a Volvo V70 2007 (p2) where the frontcam is installed below the rainsensor.

I have searced the internet in and out to find "best settings" but no luck.

I want the motionsensor to record only when there is activity in front of the camera, to ex. a human or a car parking in front/back of me. as per now i get recording day and night - because of birds, cats, raindrops and the red alarm-flash (flashing when car is locked) (I have adjusted the angle a bit higher so i think the alarm-flash is out of angle now)

I addition, the cam is doing "Eventrecording" while i'm driving - so i often get both normal record and eventrecord while i'm driving.

This is my current settings:
NORMALSENSOR1=20
NORMALSENSOR2=30
NORMALSENSOR3=30
PARKINGSENSOR1=80
PARKINGSENSOR2=80
PARKINGSENSOR3=80
MOTIONSENSOR=15

I tried to adjust the motionsensor to 12, and after that almost nothing is recorded.

Does anyone here have a good configuration, that records all time when driving, when it's activity around the car with humans/cars and of course, if someone bumbs into my car?

I really appreciate all answers here.

Thanks

@alexsoll might be the best one to answer your question, they do their own firmware for these cameras and would be more familiar with the settings and capabilities or short comings of the default firmware

@alexsoll might be the best one to answer your question, they do their own firmware for these cameras and would be more familiar with the settings and capabilities or short comings of the default firmware
Well, i'm asking for good settings - i read the threads about the custom firmware, alot of options i really don't think i need.
My problem here is just to find a perfect combination of all the values.
Anyway, appreciate yout swift respone :)

There's no one size fits all but given they've fixed a lot of the problems Alexsoll will possibly have a better idea of whether the defaults can be tweaked enough to do what you want or not, he's probably about the most clued up here on the inner workings of these models

Back