DR550GW-2CH - worth it?

I do not understand how the quality can vary so much with the DR550GW with the video link below I think is quality quite acceptable you can read the reg plates form cars coming toward you, however the images above from Peter are really bad???
It like two complete differing cameras?

This is the camera test footage after 1.017 with the sun or lack of on my right.

I am going to upload a original file after i have backed them up onto the pc from today.
its not been to bad this morning. no rain I will put front and rear camera on line and add it to this post.

This is what the footage is like most of the time. If the sun is Over head or is shining from the side and you are in the sun its Okay. If you have a shadow, Thats it expect Pixels. and this was my normal daily drive. I do the school run in the morning then collect from school after as well as recover cars, Repair cars at the garage and Care for an elderly Disabled chap.

The original files are now here so you can download and check them if you wish. Direct off my memory card.
Right Click and save link as to download.
www.falcon-ii.co.uk/download/20131114_160037_NF.mp4
www.falcon-ii.co.uk/download/20131114_161048_NF.mp4
www.falcon-ii.co.uk/download/20131114_161048_NR.mp4

Last edited:
I think is quality quite acceptable you can read the reg plates form cars coming toward you, however the images above from Peter are really bad???
It like two complete differing cameras?
To be honest, I think this vid you posted still has a lot of blocking in it, which I don't think is really very acceptable from a unit of this price :(
just get the bitrate up to 7 or 8mb/s and it would be much more 'acceptable'. - but that's the same old record :D

What makes matters worse is I have not built my new pc yet the parts arrive Monday, this means I struggle to view them on my laptop its slow and lacking memory. my wifes plays them fine. thats why my websites not up and running yet.. she wont let me use it much. :-(

Back