DR590W 2CH Review

2dark2see

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just purchased and installed the BlackVue DR-590W-2CH in my car. I have had the 590W for 1 month and am really happy with the results. the specs are a little below the top 650/750 but the quality has been excellent for my needs. I Just wanted HD, buffered parking mode, 2ch with wireless transfer so I didn't have to fuss with the sd card. My car does not have a wifi hotspot nor is my care close to one at work or at home for it to connect to when parked so the cloud feature was of no use to me. The price point and quality of the DR590W really spoke to me.

DR590W-2CH camera has:
  • 1080p Front, 30FPS
  • 1080p Rear, 30FPS
  • Built-in Wi-Fi
  • Blackvue mobile app support for viewing/saving files without removing the sd card
  • Blackvue mobile app support for live camera field of view adjustment
  • G Sensor to trigger events
  • GPS support (optional add on)
  • Buffered Parking mode with motion and G detection
I paid $265.99 USD with a 16gig card and GPS directly from BlackVue. It shipped from Singapore and arrived in 4 days to California.
I also bought:
  • Sandisk Ultra 128GB Micro SDXC UHS-I from amazon ($40)
  • BlackVue Power Magic Pro with 2 x Low Profile fuse taps ($32)
All in for $338 USD shipped

I installed it in a couple of hours (including the Power Magic).

The front camera is great and while the rear camera says its the same as the front camera i think the quality is not as good. but it is still acceptable and works well. Love the parking mode. esp that it records anyone walking around the car and saves it as an event I can review if I want to. Wifi transfers also work flawlessly.

If you want some photos of the install and or video samples just ask.

In closing, for the money, you get style (low profile) and the quality of a blackvue at a great price.

Last edited:
As for me, i bought them from Singapore too. Installed mine with cellink neo6 which its great for longer hours in parkmode. Great battery with Bluetooth feature and charge/ up really fast.

Im also looking for the One that fits my requirement. This 590w is mid with latest A12, Sony Starvis Sensor & wifi function. So i think why not, since i dnt need cloud function and ok with old sensor for rear. I have review quite a few models before choosing this, 750s, thinkware f800pro, iroad v9 and so on. This mid range model have best of the latest and good price thus the selection.

But i noticed the nite recording with nite mode on tends to be overexposed for both front and rear. But if u off nite mode, its seems to be better but at low light parking, it is really grainy with lots of noise.

Next is the issue of my 128g samsung evo plus sd card. It seems to be rejected after i took it out for copying. Then my pc rejects and prompts me to format it. So thinking might be win10 issue with reading fat32 high capacity sd, i try to replace it back to my cam.
Guess what, now Cam is rejecting my card. Keep saying Check sd card then restarting over and over again. Give up, put back original BV sd and it jzu works. Might try lexar 633x as many recommend.
Samsung evo plus specs states it has better read and write as compared to lexar, yet it didnt perform as stated, i wondered,,,,,

you need seperate windows format tool. ie GUIformat works on my evo plus 128 gb card.

What triggers the 590 to go into Parked mode? I read (in a couple reviews) that it checks the G sensor; if no movement for 5 minutes, it goes into Parked mode.

It's not the G-sensor, but is based on the amount of movement detected in the video. When you're driving, nearly 100% of the pixels will change (even slightly) between frames, and that's used by the algorithm to decide you're moving. If 5 minutes pass with a smaller amount (exact percentage unknown), it decides you're not moving. It's a pretty slick algorithm and pretty accurate. But I have seen cases where a large object moving across the field of view while parked will "trick" it back to Normal mode, at least for 5 minutes.

I think you will find that parking mode is triggered by no movement from the GPS location, not movement in the video. Movement (in the video) detection, if the sensitivity is above zero, will trigger a full recording from parking mode as will a bump causing a G sensor trigger.

Back