DR590W dead camera?

Rykor

Reaction score
Country
United States
I've been having multiple issues with my camera lately.. I'm not even sure how long it hasn't been working for as the last video on the card had a date back in 2021.

I updated to the latest firmware sometime recently, and have been having repeating boot loops or just otherwise "starting normal recording" minutes into my drive (delayed).

Simultaneously, when I checked the app to see how my camera was positioned after removing it, the front camera was completely white -- no image. Thought the camera was dead. Rear camera worked fine (but did not record).

The other day I found an older version of the firmware on a site and downgraded the firmware -- front camera worked again. Thought I was home free... firmware issue.

Yesterday/today I'm again getting repeated camera reboots while driving.

Is this camera toast?

I always regarded Blackview as a premium camera name (especially with the price) and I've had many issues with many cameras (this is actually the 4th Blackview I've owned...)

I am currently experiencing the exact same issue. I had mine installed in March 2019.

I did multiple SD card formats, switchd the PMP (Power Magic Pro) to a new one, downgraded the firmware. Nothing fixed it. I don't even know if it's a firmware issue at this point, I think the camera itself is busted somehow.

Yeah, I wasn't messing with it any longer and it wasn't under warranty (go figure) so I replaced it with a Viofio A229. I won't buy Blackview products any more.

Back