DR590W Parking Mode Question

ryanbahr

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm on the edge of purchasing a DR590W, but I had the following questions related to parking mode:

1. With a non-cloud camera, is there anyway to be notified when you enter the car if an event during parking mode has occurred? Blinking LED on the dash cam, voice notification, or something? Or do I need to open the application every time I enter my car to see if there was an event?
  2. Is there anyway to engage parking mode when the ignition is off? This seems like the most standard way to enable parking mode, but it seems like the only option I've read about is a five minute timer. To me, a lot can happen in five minutes. I looked at both the OB2-based and power pro wiring kits, but I don't think they enable this feature, if it exists.
Thanks!

Q1. ??
Q2. Nope, No 'instant' parking mode. The camera continues to record for 5 mins in normal mode then switches to parking mode. So you don't lose anything.
That is, of course, provided that the cam is powered through a PMP or similar device.,

Thanks M8TJT. I'll try to clarify on Q1. From my understanding, with the cloud cameras you can get a text message/etc if there is an 'event' or bump while your vehicle is bumped. This makes it easy to know that something happened to my car.

The DR590W does not have any cloud features, so lets say some one dinged my car in a parking lot, on the passenger side. I might not notice this damage for several days. It would be ideal that, when the car exits parking mode, that I am notified that there was an accident while the vehicle was parked. That could be a voice saying "Vehicle was hit during parking mode" or even as simple as an LED blinking rapidly/etc, but if I don't know that I was hit, it might be days or weeks before I discover it and the footage may be overwritten. My current dash cam involved me opening the app, and looking to see if there was an 'event' between the time I parked and entering my vehicle. It would be ideal if I was notified when to check, rather than having to check every time.

See below:
  1. With a non-cloud camera, is there anyway to be notified when you enter the car if an event during parking mode has occurred? Blinking LED on the dash cam, voice notification, or something? Or do I need to open the application every time I enter my car to see if there was an event? Yes. this model has this feature for events that are detected. It verbally alerts you how many events occurred while the vehicle was parked (you can turn this feature off too).
  2. Is there anyway to engage parking mode when the ignition is off? This seems like the most standard way to enable parking mode, but it seems like the only option I've read about is a five minute timer. To me, a lot can happen in five minutes. I looked at both the OB2-based and power pro wiring kits, but I don't think they enable this feature, if it exists. Not for BlackVue, as the entering and exiting of parking mode is based on movement detected by its g-sensor. No movement for 5 minutes signifies the car is parked and the dash cam will enter parking mode.

Back