DR600 GPS issue after update v1.002

Bonzo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have noticed that since installing the update I am not getting a GPS fix, no blue light on the unit in the car.

Anyone else experiencing similar issues?

Updated a few days ago, everything works like is should.

I have noticed that since installing the update I am not getting a GPS fix, no blue light on the unit in the car.

Anyone else experiencing similar issues?
Yes, mine is broken also. No GPS data. I believe the gps is operating as the camera knows to go into parking mode vs normal mode but no data is being captured. Tried to go back to 1.001 but not able to. Guess will need to wait for Blackvue to fix this.

Last edited:
Didn't use the DR600 for a few days, I know that getting GPS takes more time then usual. From my home location to destination is about 7 minutes, still no GPS (and also no voice telling me that recording is started). When I left my destonation to go home later that evening, I had GPS in the time my DR600 had started and the voice told me that it was recording! That it didn't work has mayve to do something by not booting the way it should?

I noticed the Blue LED was on today, though as others are saying above, it seems to take about 2 to 3 mins to switch from parking mode to normal mode. I also notice that it doesn't always tell you it is beginning recording when switching the car on.

Hi I've had my DR600 for about 2 weeks now all was fine gps etc my battery went dead as I didn't move my van for a few days tried to jump start it and had to jump lead it in the end ever since my gps isn't working I swapped the sd card today to check the gps light does come at the start but doesn't after driving I haven't down loaded any firm ware or any thing like that do you guys think I'm experiencing the same problems as you contacted Pittasoft they said to go back to the company I got it off seems a bit rubbish advice really

... it can take some time to find GPS when the DR600 isn't used for a couple of days...

Sometimes the SD-card can give problems, Format the SD-card en re-install the software on it (software can be downloaded from Pittasoft).

If you still have problems with GPS after this, cantact your dealer like Pittasoft told you...

Just how many of you are having problems with GPS?

I'm on my second camera. The first was replaced without any issues after the GPS stopped working. The GPS on my second camera hasn't worked since January. I was told that an updated firmware would resolve this issue. On Thursday I updated to Ver 1.004 and I still don't have GPS.

Back