DR600GW-HD ...... Dead!

Raptor1956

Reaction score
Country
United States
I picked this dashcam up about a year ago and it worked OK in the beginning then the GPS was spotty, then the GPS was only occasionally active, and now the dashcam isn't doing anything. The recording LED comes on but no GPS LED and no voice prompt at startup or video recorded.

So, I'm not thinking there's much hope to revive it and bummed that the higher than average price was flushed down the toilet.

Not sure I can trust any dashcam as my first one, the Mini 0806, was a piece of junk. Batting 0 for 2.

Brian

Last edited:
If your next dashcam is hit, you'll be 1/3. In baseball, you'd be an awesome (batting 0.333). Street guardian maybe?

Baseball's a game for people that are OK with failure!

Brian

I picked this dashcam up about a year ago and it worked OK in the beginning then the GPS was spotty, then the GPS was only occasionally active, and now the dashcam isn't doing anything. The power LED comes on by no voice prompt at startup and no video is recorded.

So, I'm not thinking there's much hope to revive it and bummed that the higher than average price was flushed down the toilet.

Not sure I can trust any dashcam as my first one, the Mini 0806, was a piece of junk. Batting 0 for 2.

Brian
We are assuming of course you have upgraded to a recent firmware and have tried a different SD card.

I think the firmware was the latest but downloaded the latest anyway, copied the folder to the uSD card, and it output messages saying it was upgrading. When complete it said it was restarting and when I checked the uSD card after a 20 minute drive the uSD was once again devoid of any video.

Yes, I've tried other uSD cards...

Brian

Back