DR600GW New User Questions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
DR650_DR600
Hi All,

I've just started using a brand new DR600GW with 64Gb Delkin SD as recommended.

I've hard wired it to my Toyota Auris HSD off the auto dimming mirror 12V feed, and I'm using @alexsoll amazing firmware 1.003E.

Let me start by saying the camera itself is working perfectly, recording footage at 13Mbps @ 1080p. Very happy with that. Audio is also perfect.

I am also using an iPhone 6 running iOS 8.1.3 with the latest Blackvue app.

The issues:

1. It takes just over 6 minutes to transfer a 60 second clip from Camera to Phone.
Is this normal? My clips are ~96MB for 60 seconds.

2. Replay of footage just doesn't seem to work at all, just a spinning wheel.

I tried adding the ap_11n=1 to the config file, but that seems to have made things worse (slower)

I've read somewhere that other custom firmware for other cameras has cured the slow speed. Is it possible on this one?

Apart from that, I'm extremely happy with the camera/custom firmware.

Look forward to your responses.

i was asking a uk blackvue supplier about this the other day and its an iphone issue according to him.
not a problem with android :)

600 very slow wifi ?
650 faster about 10 times

Is there anything that can be done in the custom firmware to speed up the WiFi alexsoll? or do we just have to accept that the Wifi is rubbish?

sorry i was talking about the 650 then realised he had a 600 :oops:

You are lucky then if it only takes 6 minutes to transfer 96MB. My Dr600 takes 10minutes to transfer same file size with custom firmware. I'm using iPhone 6 wifi.

Bobby,

Can you preview any of your recordings over wifi on your iPhone?

I get the first frame showing after a few seconds and nothing more.

It is very slow to preview but I can get it to work by pausing, play, then scrolling, pause, play ..etc..but it will play few seconds then stop..i will continue doing the pause..play.

OK So I've done some experimenting over lunch.

With my 64GB Delkin microSD:
I added the ap_11n=1 to the config.ini and can confirm that the link speed is now 72 Mbps rather than 54 Mbps, however it hasn't made any difference to the transfer speed on my iPhone.
Still 6 minutes for a 96MB (60 seconds) file.
Cannot stream saved footage, just spinning circle.

With my 16GB microSD that came with the camera:
Same as above, but it DOES allow me to stream the saved footage, albeit buffering every 8 seconds. File transfer time is the same.

Doing some rough calculations, it seems to be streaming more like 3Mbs rather than 72 Mbps.

All my footage is 1080P, 30 FPS @ 13Mbps (alexsoll custom)

You will do nothing better.
No matter, n or g or more.
There is NO POSSIBILITY to INCREASE SPEED WIFI in dr600

Ok alexsoll, understood.

I have ordered a new DR650GW to replace my existing DR600.

I will put the DR600 in my wife's car instead.

Back