DR600GW video quality.

Stevesau

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
SG9665GC DR600GW custom FW by Alexsoll Innovv C1
Is this about what to expect or am I expecting too much.

You Tube is not the best place to check the quality of video from a dash cam, you need to see the raw video file from the cam to see what it really can do; You Tube messes with the compression of video that is uploaded. Several of the members here can better comment on this as they use You Tube and know its quirks; I refuse to use it myself due to this and several other issues they have.

Shows 19 frames per second. Have I set this up wrong? Resolution set to Full HD 30 FPS.

DR600.jpg

Last edited:
Have just donated. :)

Steve,

It looks like you have your camera angled downwards a little too much (i.e. you're seeing too much of your dash and too little of what's in front :) ). What's generally recommended is 1/3 dash and 2/3 sky. That's how mine is set up.

Cheers

Steve,

It looks like you have your camera angled downwards a little too much (i.e. you're seeing too much of your dash and too little of what's in front :) ). What's generally recommended is 1/3 dash and 2/3 sky. That's how mine is set up.

Cheers

too much sky plays havoc with the auto white balance function

I still do and it runs at 13mbs and 29 frames with Alexsoll's custom firmware.

Is this about what to expect or am I expecting too much.

Looking at the footage it is on LIVE mode which means the FPS is reduced to cater for this, hence why only 19FPS so the quality will not be as good as 30FPS.

Looking at the footage it is on LIVE mode which means the FPS is reduced to cater for this, hence why only 19FPS so the quality will not be as good as 30FPS.

@BlackVue Australia This no doubt could be improved with an official firmware upgrade. Increased bit rate, option to turn off event recording and better wifi transmission. I wish I researched better before I handed over my hard earned cash.

I have Dr3500, DR600, DR650. Yes wifi way too slow on DR600. Streaming to phone is slow so I don't bother anymore. Copying a file to phone takes 10-11 minutes. Now I just remove the micro sd card and take it home to view/copy. DR650 is very fast wifi.

It's ridiculous they updated the wifi on the 650 but not the 600. Other than the black enclosure, there is not much improved over the 500.

I agree. I just bought a 650 to replace my 600 and the 650 is a million times better.

600 is now in my wife's car.

Wish I'd known this before I shelled out a load of cash.

I agree. I just bought a 650 to replace my 600 and the 650 is a million times better.

600 is now in my wife's car.

Wish I'd known this before I shelled out a load of cash.

I feel your pain.

I feel your pain.
I also feel your pain.
I have been happy with my DR400, which is now in my wife's car.
I installed the 600 in Feb & I am not impressed, hardly better than my 400, Exposure &/or white balance constantly changing, extremely, unable to identify most number plates.
I have installed Alexsoll's custom F/W with very slight improvement.
Alexsoll's software was very simple to install & it works perfectly.
I am giving up on BlackVue & will try the Street Guardian.

I installed the 600 in Feb & I am not impressed, hardly better than my 400, Exposure &/or white balance constantly changing, extremely, unable to identify most number plates.
I have no doubt that Blackvue sees this forum but they sit on their hands. Maybe the boss is unapproachable on improving even with better firmware upgrades. Who knows. With the custom firmware I found the improvement significant and will keep my Blackvue now until it stops working. I'm driving a Ford FG Falcon and the Dr600 is in the back window and works great and the FOV is awesome. Sg9665GC in the front. Really couldn't ask for a better combination.

Back