dr600gw wifi problem

nemo328

Reaction score
Country
China
Hi, everyone!

I upgraded my dr500gw to dr600gw recently, but there is a problem I can't solve out.
My phone(samsung n7100) can not connect to dr600 by wifi connection unless turn off dr600's wifi and then turn it on again.
It's so weird, never happens to my dr500gw.
I hope someone can help me. Thanks a lot!

Hi, everyone!

I upgraded my dr500gw to dr600gw recently, but there is a problem I can't solve out.
My phone(samsung n7100) can not connect to dr600 by wifi connection unless turn off dr600's wifi and then turn it on again.

Set the default so:

aex3K.png

Hi, everyone!

Hi Nemo, I have to do the same as you to get mine to work. My setting is what Alexsoll showed above but still same result for me. Am very disappointed with my DR600. Blackvue make a great device and could easily make it a cutting edge dash cam but I believe they lack the capacity to do so. Expensive lesson learned.

Thanks for reply.
Just like Steve said, default setting can't fix it.
It seems like there is a bug in the firmware or there is a flaw in the hardware.

Thanks for reply.
Just like Steve said, default setting can't fix it.
It seems like there is a bug in the firmware or there is a flaw in the hardware.
I think something with the firmware.
The same happens.

I have the same issue with my iPhone and an Android tablet - I have to turn the WiFi on, off and on again to have it show up. I don't want the WiFi on all the time.

Is your wifi slow? Mine is very slow to stream videos through wifi with the app can barely watch it on iphone. Copying it is so slow too way slower than DR650. Using firmware 1.003.

Unfortunately after nearly four weeks of using my DR600 it does not do as advertised. Slow wifi, disconnects, slow re connection, slow buffering and lots of lag. It has a myriad of short comings that a decent firmware upgrade could address from Pittasoft but the more I research them the less likely this will ever be.

I'm unable to connect from my phone. (IOS) Both restarted. I get a "bvnet" that appears under my wifi options though.

Attachments

• IMG_4740.jpg
    IMG_4740.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 9
This issue seems to be fixed by upgrade to firmware v1.003.

WiFi is basically useless for the purpose of downloading or reviewing footage. It takes approximately 30 minutes to download a 2 minute clip to my android phone. Terrible, terrible, terrible.

Back