DR650GW-1CH what is the bitrate of the files?

bobby14

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hi people with the DR650GW-1CH what is the bitrate of the files? Can someone post a raw file of day night and parking mode? Thanks.

Hi people with the DR650GW-1CH what is the bitrate of the files? Can someone post a raw file of day night and parking mode? Thanks.
What is a raw file? My DR650GW-1CH leaves *.3gf; *.gps; *.mp4 in the Blackvue/Record folder. How could I determine the bit rate of *.*?

Raw is unedited file. If you right click the .mp4 file and click properties, details tab , it will data rate, total bit rate, fps etc..

I believe it's 8Mbps but I want to confirm.

Thanks Ralph. So comparing to my videos from DR650 2 channel the bitrate is exactly the same.

Yes you are correct it is the same as the DR650 front camera.

Pittasoft are also looking into adding a 10Mbps option bitrate for the DR650GW-1CH.

Pittasoft are also looking into adding a 10Mbps option bitrate for the DR650GW-1CH.

One difference I've noticed between the 1 and 2 CH is th use of wifi. It is extremely slow if not impossible to stream the recorded videos on the 1CH 650. Where the 2CH's work ok(sure they are still a bit slow) but they work.

I have a DR650GW-1CH on 1.002 software, and I also have 2 other DR650GW-2CH which are now on 1.007 software.

All are running identical SD cards.

Perhaps you could ask pitta soft about the wifi performance. And do they have firmware updates on the way ?
Thanks.

One difference I've noticed between the 1 and 2 CH is th use of wifi. It is extremely slow if not impossible to stream the recorded videos on the 1CH 650. Where the 2CH's work ok(sure they are still a bit slow) but they work.

I have a DR650GW-1CH on 1.002 software, and I also have 2 other DR650GW-2CH which are now on 1.007 software.

All are running identical SD cards.

Perhaps you could ask pitta soft about the wifi performance. And do they have firmware updates on the way ?
Thanks.

Hi,

Are you using DR600GW or DR650GW-1CH? Post serial number of camera if you do not have the box so we can check.

DR650GW-1CH will be same WiFi speed as the -2CH model now.

Thank you,

Hi,

Are you using DR600GW or DR650GW-1CH? Post serial number of camera if you do not have the box so we can check.

DR650GW-1CH will be same WiFi speed as the -2CH model now.

Thank you,

I'm using the DR650GW-1CH

D65GS1E6E#####

Last edited:
I'm using the DR650GW-1CH

D65GS1E6E#####

How long does it take you to copy a file onto your smart-phone. For the test please use the setting on High 1080P @ 30FPS // 1 Min File. We can compare with our results here and it might determine if your DR650-1CH Wifi is running slower than it should.

Cheers

Last edited:

I sure hope you are correct on the 10 Mbps. My DR600GW-HD used the Custom Firmware at 13.5 Mbps and it was great so needless to say getting the DR650GW-1CH was dissapponting.

How long does it take you to copy a file onto your smart-phone. For the test please use the setting on High 1080P @ 30FPS // 1 Min File. We can compare with our results here and it might determine if your DR650-1CH Wifi is running slower than it should.

Cheers
Let me find out tmrw.

I was driving my other car today, and with the DR650GW-2CH it took 1min1sec to download a file via wifi to my blackvue app internal storage.

Let me find out tmrw.

I was driving my other car today, and with the DR650GW-2CH it took 1min1sec to download a file via wifi to my blackvue app internal storage.

Ok weird, I got it running ok today for the DR650GW-1CH, it downloaded a file in approx 57sec, so basically similar to the 2CH that I have.

I guess it is ok, but I'll keep watching it.

Pittasoft are not going to make any changes to the bitrates of the DR650GW-1CH...............They were asked and said no.........................Boo

Pittasoft are not going to make any changes to the bitrates of the DR650GW-1CH...............They were asked and said no.........................Boo

This is a shame. My DR600GW running custom software at 13mbs has had no issues in over six months. The difference in playback from stock vs custom is very noticeable. Blackvue fans unfortunately may have to wait a few more model releases before they catch up. The best form factor dash cam but with the worst software support.

The best form factor dash cam but with the worst software support.
That.. is what it appears. Who would have guessed that one should choose a dash cam for the software included. I am very happy with form of my dash cam.. the picture quality.. I have nothing to compare it too, but somewhat disappointing.. However.. the WiFi feature stinks.. and without that the software is virtually useless. Had I been aware of ALL the problems regarding software and support this DR650 1Ch I may well have passed... I am not a happy enthusiastic customer.

I have nothing to compare it too,

This is where I was when I bought mine. Youtube videos is how I based my decision. While I do not regret my purchase it was a great learning curve on what dash cams are about. As I was prepared to pay a premium the Blackvue ticked the boxes. But where it matters in video and sound playback as well as the wifi feature I was disappointed. I have now moved past that, accept its limitations and happily use it. As technology moves forward with dash cams what really matters is video and sound quality day and night. 1080 vs 2k vs 4k in the future as long as it works reliably I'm happy.

Back