DR650GW-1CH what is the bitrate of the files?

Pittasoft are not going to make any changes to the bitrates of the DR650GW-1CH...............They were asked and said no.........................Boo

Your sources must be more direct than ours, we spoke with the GM & CEO, but you may have been speaking to someone else.

The model has only been released for 1-2 months officially, so there is no need to jump to conclusions.

This is where I was when I bought mine. Youtube videos is how I based my decision. While I do not regret my purchase it was a great learning curve on what dash cams are about. As I was prepared to pay a premium the Blackvue ticked the boxes. But where it matters in video and sound playback as well as the wifi feature I was disappointed. I have now moved past that, accept its limitations and happily use it. As technology moves forward with dash cams what really matters is video and sound quality day and night. 1080 vs 2k vs 4k in the future as long as it works reliably I'm happy.

We understand your disappointed that the camera does not do 15MPS + Wifi + Built-in GPS all in the cylindrical design.

We offered to replace your system with the DR650GW-1CH given your complaints surrounding the WiFi. But yes we understand the bit-rate on the 1CH is lower than to be desired for some users.

We have thousands of very happy customers in Australia, can't comment on the rest of the world. But we offer the best possible support we can for BlackVue customers.

Believe it or not, the WiFi feature is very popular with our distributors and customers. While it is not 100% perfect, the 650-1CH WiFi works fairly OK for; > downloading the odd video on the go, > looking at a live view to set up the cameras, > and changing any settings.

Which, is the function of an LCD screen. The WiFi was only originally added so the need for an LCD screen was not there, and it serves its purpose.

Last edited:
We have thousands of very happy customers in Australia, can't comment on the rest of the world. But we offer the best possible support we can for BlackVue customers.

I think your support is excellent and your presence here is greatly appreciated by many of us. I will always run two single channel dash cams in my car. The best in the front and next best in the rear. My DR600GW will not be my last Blackvue because I love the design and eagerly await what releases in the future.

While it is not 100% perfect, the 650-1CH WiFi works fairly OK for; > downloading the odd video on the go, > looking at a live view to set up the cameras, > and changing any settings.Which, is the function of an LCD screen. .
So.. being it has WiFi.. how much harder can it be to have the PC program BlackVue HD have the ability to connect via WiFI and use ALL the features present in the BlackVue HD program..
My biggest complaint is having to remove the SD card (which is somewhat awkward) just to see the GPS information and associated video.. when it seems (to me) just a small programming issue to have my laptop computer eliminate the "sneaker net" approach. My laptop can "connect" but not see the files.. is in not just a small step to include access??

Can someone post a sample continuous and parking .mp4 file from the BlackVue DR650 1CH?

Can someone post a sample continuous and parking .mp4 file from the BlackVue DR650 1CH?
Not sure how this is going to work but here are two.. both as exported from the Blackvue PC program, the NF clipped to one minute. And I got an error, refresh page and try again. Will try one at a time

A DR650 1Ch NF video clip, highest setting cropped from 3 minutes to one minute by the Blackvue PC program and exported. Same problem.. dragging from the desktop to this box does not seem to be working for me.. Sorry. Seems the upload file feature does not include video file types as I can ( I think) upload my *png error message

Attachments

• Upload error.PNG
    Upload error.PNG
    13.2 KB · Views: 3
Yes have to upload to something like google drive or dropbox. Thanks for trying anyways.

A DR650 1Ch NF video clip, highest setting cropped from 3 minutes to one minute by the Blackvue PC program and exported. Same problem.. dragging from the desktop to this box does not seem to be working for me.. Sorry. Seems the upload file feature does not include video file types as I can ( I think) upload my *png error message
That.. seems rather convoluted.. why not allow a direct upload.. the mechanics are in place??

there are file size limitations for reason of practicality
The file size changes going from drop box to this forum? Are the video clips shown on this forum hosted by (stored on) the forum or "just" links to a stored video?

Last edited:
Thanks for posting. Your lens are very sharp all around.

Thanks for posting. Your lens are very sharp all around.
It seems to matter a lot which viewer one watches with. Watching this video on the Blackvue PC program is not nearly as clear. Watching it with RegistratorViewer.exe makes a world of difference as does watching it with Windows media or other viewers.

Hi Ralph, what version firmware are you on? 1.00 or 1.002

Hi Ralph, what version firmware are you on? 1.00 or 1.002
Version 1.002.. I only had my DR650 a day or so before 1.002 came out so do not know how much or what was improved.

Back