DR650GW-2CH IR, or other interior cam suggestions

Olin Broadway

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi, I am a new user here on the forum. I am looking in to setting up a forward facing dashcam along with a rear facing (from the front) cam to capture the interior. I.E. a taxi cam setup. I was wondering if anyone has done this and managed to get a reasonable light level after dark out in rural areas. I'm especially interested in any experience with the RC100-IR camera that can be ordered with the DR650GW-2CH TRUCK effectively making it a DR650GW-2CH IR.

I'm also interested in any special IR lighting tricks. Well, as long as it is rather cheap, like me.

Thanks for any advice on this.

Olin

Make sure you have suitable insurance when your friends sue you for being a voyeur. :rolleyes:

Make sure you have suitable insurance when your friends sue you for being a voyeur. :rolleyes:

I suppose you think that cameras in convenience stores are voyeuristic then. That was a really stupid statement you made.

My car is my place of business and the cam is for MY protection and it is clearly indicated that my car is protected by video recording. So lawsuit? Bring it on.

Last edited:
Those cameras under the toilet in those convenience stores are possibly voyeuristic.. or perhaps a study on wiping habits... :)
It all depends on where they (cameras) are mounted and whether their presence is clearly announced. You start wondering about cameras that can see in the dark to record the inside of the car.. I can only speculate on your intentions.

OK point taken. But just like a convenience store taxi services are prone to robbery and/or other dangers. However, unlike convenience stores my car is not exactly well lit hence the need for knowledge of nighttime lighting and cameras. Obviously I can't drive around lit up with high intensity lighting in the interior areas so my question about the cameras. I need to be able to produce viewable video in case of criminal activity. I don't know whether you saw the recent footage of the attack on an Uber driver or not but it got me thinking. Luckily for that guy he was in a well lit parking lot but in my business I am most often in darker areas at night.

Anyway enough with the explanations, if you have any knowledge or advice on the subject of auto interior security cams in the dark I'd appreciate it.

OK point taken. But just like a convenience store taxi services are prone to robbery and/or other dangers. However, unlike convenience stores my car is not exactly well lit hence the need for knowledge of nighttime lighting and cameras. Obviously I can't drive around lit up with high intensity lighting in the interior areas so my question about the cameras. I need to be able to produce viewable video in case of criminal activity. I don't know whether you saw the recent footage of the attack on an Uber driver or not but it got me thinking. Luckily for that guy he was in a well lit parking lot but in my business I am most often in darker areas at night.

Anyway enough with the explanations, if you have any knowledge or advice on the subject of auto interior security cams in the dark I'd appreciate it.

I deleted my response on reflection that it was a silly thing to pursue. Unfortunately you saw it (and responded) before my delete went through. I have no advice to offer on low light capable cameras.

Back