DR650GW-2CH-IR

Mr.Juan

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello all,
I've had my camera for some years and just this past fall my camera has been giving me problems. I replaced the SD card because i noticed that video started to get distorted and un viewable.
Then I've been having problems not being able to log on to the camera nor through WIFI nor computer. Emailed BlackVue regarding and they directed me to some links which didn't work either.
So at this point the camera blinks its GPS and WIFI led's and can't use it at all. Whats going on? is it really done with? For what I have read here maybe so. Any input please regarding issue if anyone has had same issues.

Thanks

it feels like blackvue expects owners to do the same "way-too-expensive" process that many cell phone owners do. Namely, after a few years, they expect you to find that device obsolete - & just move on to another expensive dash cam. Thus, it doesn't matter that the dash cam is worn out in just a few years. No need to get support from blackvue, if you buy into that logic (presuming you call being lead to a website link to be real 'support'). Dash cams are not like my digital alarm clock, or video camera that have run flawlessly for over 1½ decades. They use many of the same off-the-shelf parts as other electronics, which don't sit in the baking sun .... much less inside a car being baked by the baking sun.

Last edited:
I would picture the baking sun being the biggest downfall of dash cams. With parts expanding and contracting as they heat up and cool off, I would suspect something would have to give up someplace. I have had almost 3 years of flawless performance and now it's starting to go mental with multiple problems.

Back